Tuesday 9 January 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  BBC weather tells me that today is going to be 'cold and grey day with mostly overcast skies' but that it should stay dry for most of the day - apart, that is, from the dampness in the air, I suppose!

I have a big grumble.  That rotten BBC didn't show Would I Lie To You yesterday.  Instead it was stupid Panorama with stupid cabinet reshuffle waffling!  I Am Not Happy!

< grin > OK, so maybe it was slightly important but all the same . . .

Anyway - apart from that it was a very good day.  A big thank you to Annabeth for her advice - I have found a couple of likely looking patterns to knit some slipper socks so we will see!  I fussed around in the kitchen, got two loads of washing done and had a few naps.  I'm tending to feel pretty tired at the moment but am sleeping well so I'm putting it down to the dark and gloomy weather and, goodness, yesterday was one of the worst.  Dark, dull, misty and damp all day, really not  nice at all.

Today has a lot going on but that doesn't mean I am busy.  The car's going in for its service today an d I have to clear the boot before they come to pick it up.  I have to do just a bit of putting stuff away, including some of the Christmas stuff and there's a few bits of ironing from yesterday's washing.  Then the lovely Sharon is coming to force my hair to behave itself again;  Beth's too and then Beth is staying for a meal.  I haven't had a chance to catch up with her for ages so I'm looking forward to it.  I want to get up to date and a bit more with all the planning too.

So plenty to be getting on with but nothing too tricky apart, maybe, from paying for the service.  I don't think there's anything wrong with the car so it should just be the basic cost but that's bad enough.  It's always nice afterwards though, to drive along knowing the car is in top condition.

Right now I need to empty the dishwasher which has done the usual overnight.  Then coffee and I shall use my new little cafetiere and Christmas coffee as a nice treat.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found some patterns, I bet your needles are itching to be cast on ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well you know me. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete