Thursday 18 January 2018

Thursday

Good morning everyone.  It's still cold, still no snow, still pretty windy so it will feel colder than it really is.  It's winter so no surprises there.  I think it's going to be a day for soup and other comfort food!

Yesterday was quite busy but I managed to get my daily River Cottage dose by combining it with the ironing.  Because I had sheets to iron, it took a bit longer so I had no conscience pangs (would I anyway?) as watching telly in the morning.

I popped to Morrisons and got the few things I needed, then did some paperwork until tuition which was great.  I love it when they show progress.

The governors' meeting went well and didn't take as long as expected so I was back home in time for my dose of Tom Kerridge.  Personally, I didn't think it was quite as good as the previous weeks but that probably because the things he made were not really things I would make as there were some expensive ingredients.  I do, however, want to have a go at the oil free salad dressing at some point.

By default, because I was too lazy to get up and turn off the telly, I watched 'Trust me, I'm a doctor' which I enjoyed more than I thought I would so I must catch up on iPlayer at some point.  Interestingly, it featured some findings that, contrary to current thinking (it said), it might be better to eat carbs in the evening, not in the morning.  I'm afraid that's not something I have ever really considered and I don't intend to either!
There seem to be quite a lot of  get healthy and stay healthy programmes on at the moment.  I suppose it is the New Year/January, resolutions, get yourself sorted out this year thing and won't last beyond the middle of next month, but it's all quite interesting.  I'd like to see more of the same but with a frugal slant but I bet there won't be.

Today is another busy day.  A bit of housework this morning, then the rest of the planning followed by a meeting in school this afternoon before tuition.  The evening is free, however, and I am bang up to date with the washing so there won't be any ironing to do.

I've been looking at holidays for this year.  I'm thinking either Center Parcs (I love Center Parcs) or a stay at a Warner's hotel or holiday village.  Or maybe both and spend a bit of my saved lump sum - after all, why not, especially if I do have the have the old gallbladder out?  I wouldn't mind booking something for April but until I know if I will need an operation or other medical stuff and roughly when that will be, my hands are a bit tied really.  Still, there's always next year and it seems that it is much more positive for people holidaying on their own nowadays than it used to be!

So that's me!  As busy as I want to be today and still very contented.  I shall be even more contented after my second coffee so I'd better go and make it and clear the overnight dishwasher things at the same time.  Have a great day and stay warm and, for my poorly blogging friends, get well soon.

2 comments:

  1. I don't watch medical progs any more. I used to until I had breast cancer and my treatment over 2 years resulted in 104 various medical appointments (I counted them in my diary for that year). Then emergency gall bladder surgery four years ago, the most ill I have ever felt in my life. Now I shy away from watching medical programmes either for fun (dramas such as Holby City or Casualty) or for information (Surgeons). I've been on the actual receiving end (wonderful treatment, thank you NHS), that was enough for me. But January is the get-healthy time for TV progas as is the de-cluttering articles in magazines and newspapers. Each season has it's themes.
    Keep warm,
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Margaret. I don't watch the really medical ones either, they don't really interest me. It's the food and health things that catch my attention. I'm sorry you've had those health issues and I totally agree about the NHS - where would we be without it?
    You stay warm too! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete