Saturday 20 January 2018

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  It's another cold start and the weekend isn't looking promising, sadly.  Rain today and heavy rain tomorrow although it's expected to warm up a bit as it rains.  I'm thankful that I have very little that I need to do that will take me outside for any length of time and I must remember to have the brolly by the back door for when I need to go to the freezer.

Yesterday morning I worked on my report of the school meeting and fired it off for approval.  It came back as fine, just a few typos.  Why is it that it's so easy to see others' typos but not your own?  Most annoying. 

Anyway, I amended those and crossed that job off the list before getting the house cleaner-ready.  I always feel slightly daft but, as I want the cleaner to clean, not to tidy up after me, it has to be done.  I'm been a reformed character recently so there really wasn't very much to do.  The kitchen is usually the worst offender but since I got a dishwasher with a timer I've been doing a load overnight which means that the kitchen gets a tidy before I go to bed instead of me leaving it all until the morning.  I have to say, it's quite nice to go into a tidy kitchen when I get up!

Today is a washing, drying and ironing day, bedding and all.  I'm looking forward to when the days are longer and the sun warmer so that I can dry my washing outside again.  There's nothing nicer than a sheet that smells of sun and summer breeze and they do iron very well.

I'm doing a Christmas dinner today!  No, I haven't got my days muddled, it's using up stuff.  The meat is part of a large turkey breast bought before Christmas while the stuffing and the cranberry sauce are all leftovers from December.  The veg is just veg, roasted, and the only thing I'm making specially is a few pigs in blankets - can't have a Christmas dinner without pigs in blankets, can we now?

I'm being terribly lazy today and typing this sitting up in bed.  I think I'm going to carry on being idle and read in bed too.  You never know, I might get back to sleep for a little while.  In my world, waking after four o'clock is reasonable, but that doesn't mean that sometimes I wouldn't like it to be later.

Have a lovely day and if you have rain, I hope you can dodge the raindrops and stay dry.  And if you can't, hopefully you will feel like this . . .

I'm singing in the rain
Just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin', singin' in the rain . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment