Tuesday 24 May 2016

Tuesday

Well, yesterday was indeed a creative day but not quite in the way I expected.  When I opened the fridge door and stuff nearly fell out, I decided I MUST sort it out so I did and used up loads of veg that really needed using up!!  Kitchen creativity . . .

I made a pork and mushroom risotto which was OK but not great and then set to and made a big pork and vegetable curry which tasted wonderful and is now in the freezer in single portions.  It has onion, carrot, celery, sweet potato, ordinary potato, mushrooms and butternut squash as well as the pork so it's a real mixed bag.

I finished off some leek in a leek and potato soup which I had for lunch (the leftovers of that went into the curry) and the risotto was my evening meal.

It is very nice to open the fridge and see a bit of space!

In the afternoon I got on with making some scrunchies for our stall at the school fair.  All these years when I had very long hair and used scrunchies all the time, I never thought to make my own!  Anyway, they went reasonably quickly and I now have 14 to sell, some in the school gingham, and will make a few more today.  They just use scraps really - a rectangle 15" x 3 and a half" and some elastic.  Until I found a method, the first few are a bit rough, but it didn't take too long to work it all out!

The sun is shining brightly and it's school this morning.  I must remember to use one of the bigger chairs as the littlest chairs really do my back in!

The felted 'thing' from Sunday is almost dried out now.  As the water has evaporated, it has got lighter and lighter and now weighs hardly anything.  I am ridiculously proud of it but have no idea what to do with it, no idea at all.  It'll just have to sit there looking lovely until inspiration strikes!

Today is a bit eggy, food wise.
B:  scrambled egg and then natural yogurt
L  egg salad, fruit
D:  turkey stir fry with broccoli, apple



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete