Thursday 12 May 2016

Thursday

Morning, all!  The sun is shining, the humidity has dropped, I slept well.  What's not to like?

The seeds and seedlings are doing very well.  I'm putting them out during the day and bringing them in come the evening.  They certainly got a good drink yesterday - it poured for much of the day!
We have planted borlotti and runner beans, baby corn and yellow courgettes and down the allotment we already have mange tout growing, potatoes planted and rhubarb doing it's best to provide us with crumbles and pies.  I must look up some recipes.  I also have the strawberries in my own garden and they are looking very healthy at the moment.




I realise this is quite a limited list of veg but it's a start and is giving us a good deal of pleasure as well as the manual hard work it is taking to get things ship shape again.

Matt came to look at the boiler and found that the boiler is fine, it's something wrong with the water cylinder in the airing cupboard and quite simple to deal with.  Phew!  A great relief.  I would have had the money to sort out a boiler problem but I am glad I don't have to.
Matt is coming back on Friday and for now I am using the immersion heater.  When he comes I will arrange for a boiler service.  It hasn't had one for a while and now I am (or can be) at home during the day, it's not such a biggie.

Today looks like being a fun day.  This morning I will be busy in the house, baking, cleaning, etc.  Later on a friend is coming over for a light meal before we pop off to the Civic Theatre for a performance of Fiddler on the Roof by a local dramatic society.  Their shows are usually pretty good so we anticipate an enjoyable time.

I thought I would do a crustless quiche and salad, followed by a sponge cake so I need to get baking!  I also have to get the spare room ready because she's going to stay over and drive home tomorrow.

The bread is already on and rising and I think I will get the cake done good and early too.  Have a good day, everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment