Sunday 29 May 2016

Sunday

I'm up at stupid o'clock today, not surprisingly, as yesterday was a 'tired' day and I went to bed much earlier than I usually do nowadays.  It's not a problem any more, I don't worry about getting super-tired during the day or not being able to do the job properly - I can just sit down and snooze.  Very nice!

It's too early to tell the weather but it looks dull and gloomy out there just as yesterday was most of the time.  No rain, just not much sunshine.

The last tomato plant arrived and is now in the bed.  I have to say, the poor thing looked a bit sad in its little box but seems to be perking up a bit more after a good night's sleep.  It is a Giulietta, an Italian plum.  The photo is copied from the Suttons web site.  If it looks half as nice as the one in the photo, I shall be very pleased and it will more than earn its cost, I am sure.

Grafted Tomato Plants - F1 Giulietta

That's pretty much my garden sorted for the summer really.  There's just a few more things to do, move or put in and the front to sort out, but the front is a tiny strip in front of the house so won't take long at all.  
Now it is just the caring bit - watering, pruning, dead heading, etc - to keep it all good and healthy!  Next week the allotment must take precedence.  The corn, beans and courgette are all ready to go in and the grass must need a haircut by now, not to mention a good hoeing over for the soil.

Today I am hoping that Beth and Alex will come over for lunch.  That would be nice but if not there will plenty more times so no problem.  For the rest of the day I intend to sew and knit, finish off the viral shawl with an edging and generally enjoy my retirement life.  I am getting to be a lazy old so and so and very nice it is too!

Menu!
B:  yogurt with blueberries and granola (yum)
L:  smoked salmon pate, rice cakes, carrot sticks and salad, fruit
D:  chicken in tomatoes, cabbage, new potatoes, strawberries and yogurt

Have a wonderful day, wherever you are and whatever the weather!




6 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous here. I've been for a stroll on the prom with a friend putting the world to rights. I've come home, discovered the bleeping downstairs freezer door has been open so I'm now, on the hottest day of the year making bleeping shin beef stew and bleeping roast bleeping beef and roast bleeping g turkey
    Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed the toms here are up to the flowering / setting trusses stage. Time will tell. Trying one new variety called Totem which grows without putting out side shoots. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, your toms are way ahead of mine. Are they in the greenhouse or outside? I'll be interested to heat how your totoms grow and what the fruit is like.

    Rachel - NO SCHOOL THIS WEEK YAY!
    What a freezer disaster! Had everything thawed? AT least you were able to salvage something from the mess!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete