Monday 14 July 2014

Monday

. .  and apologies for the lateness of this.  It's been a right day and a half and I was a bit to shaken up this morning to settle to it.

It started in the night when I woke at about one thirt/two-ish and couldn't get back to sleep.  I gave up in the end and read until I got up.

After my bath I wandered downstairs, still reading (BIG mistake), missed the last three stairs and landed at the botton all shook up and sore, having twisted my knee a little bit.  What a wally.

As a result I've been shaky all day, on and off.  After school we had a teaparty to 'celebrate' three members of staff who are leaving.  I mean celebrate them, not that they are leaving!  My tum was playing up by then but I did have a cuppa which was a mistake.

Ah well, I am feeling a bit better now it's all out (sorry if that's TMI) and I am sure I will sleep very well tonight.  And I won't be walking downstairs and reading at the same time again - not for a few weeks anyway.

Apart from that it was a nice day.  The first hour was spent with our new classes, then it was assembly, then a bit of time in class and then violins which had been changed from first thing.  Then a playtime because they'd missed the proper one due to violins and then a short time in the classroom before lunch.  After lunch it was swimming!

I guess you would call it a typical Last-Week-Of-The-School-Year day!  Apart from the stairs and the tum, I mean.

But *FST*D didn't phone!

And I wonder if Bordeaux Mixture kills caterpillars . . .

2 comments:

  1. Wondered how you were, so sorry to hear of your fall. Hoping you can take things more easily. Have you heard that the re-shuffle has brought a woman in as Ed. Sec? Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw that this morning. I'm very glad Gove has gone but do wonder if it will be any better. We will have to wait and see, I suspect.
    J x

    ReplyDelete