Thursday 3 July 2014

Thursday

Good morning.  The sun is shining, it's lovely and cool and fresh and it is so peaceful right now.    I really love the early mornings, before most people are up and about.  I do hope that when I retire I stll keep up the habit.  Hopefulkly I will as even in the long holiday I don't revert to sleeping beyond about 6:00.  It does help that I'm not any sort of party person.

Lovely family and neighbours are a blessing.  My car battery went at the beginning of the week.  Beth went to get another one for me and yesterday evening a neighbour fitted it for me.  I know I ought to be able to do batteries myself but . . .  It really needed to be done because tomorrow I am on a course at Harlow so the car is essential.

Yesterday was, as usual, good.  The children did their performance of Jack and the Beanstalk and they were brilliant.  I was so proud of them.  It's a delightful little musical with songs, acting, percussion, narration and plenty of opportunity to do our own thing.  The other children enjoyed watching it, remembering when they did it, joining in with the actions and even with some of the songs.  And that's another tick on the list.

Today I have my class all day again.  Excellent!  I'm sure it is better for them too to have the same person more consistently.  It's certainly better for me.

And now I must finish my breakfast (toast from home made bread with home made yellow plum jam, absolutely delicious) and then go and get ready.  There's plenty to do!

Have a lovely day.

3 comments:

  1. I bet the Jack and the Beanstalk was absolutely brilliant and I am so glad to hear that it was enjoyed by all. You must be so relieved that it is over and that it went so well.
    Thank goodness you could get help with the car battery - as you say, family and friends are wonderful! :o)
    Hope today goes well, too!
    S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I feel the same way about the early morning when the world is quiet, the sun is shining, and no one else is around! It's the only good thing about being an insomniac who sees 6am as the middle of the day. Your breakfast sounds lovely, someday I want to try making jam. If I can find something good to spread it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good breakfast and I think I'm having the same today, Chrissie. Sonja,yes, it is a huge relief. Another tick on the list.
    J x

    ReplyDelete