Tuesday 7 August 2012

Tuesday morning

I'm in a bit of a rush this morning because the car has to go back in so that they can finish what they didn't have time to do last Thursday.  I am just hoping that it doesn't rain because I have a ten minute walk to DD's from the garage and I really don't want to get soaked.  With any luck, that will be the last time for several months.

I'm just finishing off editing, cropping, etc, the photos from the weekend, so here's a few of Stotfold Mill.


View from the car park - rather stormy clouds at that point, but it came to nothing.

Taken from the road - the front of the mill.


Inside.  It's fully working but not everything is 'authentically old'.  There was a devastating fire in 1992 and much of the inside had to be re-made, using old plans and information as a guide.
 
I made a smock ages ago.  No idea what happened to it.  This one was in a display.  I used to love smocking and a lot of DD's little dresses had smocking on.  I ought to have worked for the big London shops - they paid a fortune for that sort of work at the time.
 
This was rather nice - a model showing the moving parts of the mill.  You pressed a button and it all started moving, turning, etc.  Nice.

There were some very attractive views of the river . . .


. . . and of the wildlife.
Definitely a place to revisit when the mill is actually in action and also to do the nature walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment