Saturday 11 August 2012

Saturday morning

Yesterday was a day of disappointment and enjoyment, started off nice and calm and gentle and finished up with a mini-meltdown online (not me) and having to stay at the computer all evening and well into the night (my night, anyway).  As a result, the old brain was churning away and at three this mornuing I came back down as sleeping was not going to be an option.  I did manage to get back off to sleep eventually and I am sure I will nod off at various intervals during the day too.  It's nice to be able to.

I had planned to have a friend round for lunch but had to reschedule, so I have that pleasure to come next week.  After looking after DG in the morning, we all bundled off to the Flyer for a calorie packed lunch and a lot of chat before parting company.  The afternoon was spent reading and watching Olympics on and off.  As for the evening - well, no details but perhaps, possibly, some had been imbibing too much: whatever the reason they had reached the aggressive, grouchy stage so it all became 'interesting'.  Hopefully all will have settled today and there won't be a repeat performance.  It was bad enough to need to send out an SOS for another mod to come online and that rarely happens.

Today - well, all sorts of weekend stuff really.  Life goes on, whatever happens in virtuality.  Clean sheets, a pile of washing, ironing, etc . . . same as always.  There's a pattern in my life that can be very reassuring and very grounding at times.

Have a good day yourself, wherever you are.


Parental tomatoes - not that I am jealous or anything, you understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment