Wednesday 27 January 2021

Wednesday

 Good morning, everyone!  No frost this morning and we had plenty of rain yesterday afternoon so I stayed inside in the warm and dry.

I sorted out the high cupboards - two of them, in fact.  They contained glasses, really cheap, everyday glasses and the ones at the front, often used and washed in the dishwasher, had gone cloudy.  I got them all down, washed them, discarded all the cloudy ones into the recycling box and put the others back.  I now have an empty  small, high cupboard and must have a think about what could go out there.

The chat with Dad was lovely.  He seems well, considering everything, and in good spirits.  As he says, his life now isn't much different to how it would be without the virus.  The only difference is no visitors.

Today is a bit busier.  I'm off into town in a while to pick up my meds from Boots.  My weekly chat with Cal is this morning and then I have my online personal training with Lindsey.  Finally, I need to take some things round to Beth in the afternoon.  Nothing major but It will keep me nicely busy.

Take care, stay safe and well and have a happy day.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Have a good day - hopefully not as wet as yesterday afternoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, it's been really very pleasant after the early mist rolled away and a bit warmer too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Wednesday Joy. Isn't it daft how cleaning out a cupboard can make you feel so accomplished?! I always feel supersmug when I've done it! Also no one can even see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is daft but such a good feeling. Worth the work.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you got your cupboard sorted. I tend to use those high cupboards to stick things I don't regularly use and then forget about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, me too. And then I get surprises when I do sort them out. Quite pleasant ones sometimes.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Your cupboard cleaning has inspired me! I’ve been doing some sorting and organizing (and discarding, too). It’s good to stay productively busy these days. My recycle pile is growing; I’ll take these to the donation center when things are better. I’m glad your dad is doing well! My mother-in-law will hopefully get an appointment this week for her shot. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you and fingers crossed for your MiL.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love your blog, of course. I get the second shot in one and one half weeks...all the clinics near me were full asap, but I went about 15 miles to one...didn't mind...my friends in other states are having difficult time getting this vaccine...they seem to be doing everyone but the seniors...95 percent of deaths in US are elderly...alas...good luck to all of you...prayers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's absolutely fantastic. The timing of the second jab is rather a sort point over here.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Glad you got your cupboards sorted Joy. Bet they won't stay empty for long, empty spaces almost magically seem to fill up if they are anything like mine!!
    Enjoy the rest of your evening x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they, but this one is still empty. I'm sure it won't be for long, mind you.
      xx

      Delete
  7. It's definitely 'cupboard sorting' season. I got rid of a load of cheap glasses a while back. Now I use my lovely ones and a drink always feels so much nicer out of a nice glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there's nothing else to do, clear a cupboard.
      I do exactly the same with my crystal glasses - I'm using them now. I don't entertain enough to save them for best and they are a joy to hold and drink from.
      xx

      Delete
  8. You sound like you are coping with lockdown so well. It's great that you are able to keep busy and be so social. I am doing a Zoom meeting with friends on Sunday...looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoom (and others like Messenger) are a real blessing ion these isolated times. It's so good to be able to see and chat with others.
      Have a lovely time on SUnday.
      xx

      Delete