Friday 8 January 2021

Friday

 Good morning!  It's the end of the working week already - almost, anyway.  Time is flying right now and I have become used to staying in and staying as safe as possible.  The most difficult thing (and that's a very relative term) is thinking something like 'oh, I will need some more xyz soon' and then remembering it has to go on a list rather than me just popping round to the very convenient Morrisons around the corner!  Then, when I have a long enough list or really do need something, I will go as soon as whichever shop I want opens first thing in the morning.  There has to be an advantage to being an early riser.

It's cold again.  The car is covered with ice (not frost).  It's good and cosy inside though so no complaints.

I've dug out some yarn and needles and started knitting hexagons.  However, I've hit a few snags.  Firstly, the pattern is, as far as I can tell, not correct.  The increasing and decreasing is not as neat as it could be and there seem to be rows missed out so that suddenly the right side becomes the wrong side which is weird.  The moss stitch hexagon knits to a different size although I will try that again just to make sure it wasn't my bad knitting.  And finally, the pattern specifies DK yarn and size 4.5 needles and it's all rather loose and floppy.  Perhaps that's the idea but I prefer the hexagons to be a bit firmer so I will try with fours instead and see how that works out.  I also have some ideas for different patterns on the shape.  Each hexagon really doesn't take long at all and I will enjoy the experimenting.

My two online thingies were lovely.  I had a great chat with Chris in the morning and the Zoom SW meeting early evening was a good laugh.  All very cheering, in fact.

Today is pretty much more of the same.  I have a chat with Jackie organised for this morning and the cleaners, bless them, come this afternoon.  I've sent off a message saying I'd prefer them to focus on downstairs this time.  I gather there's a brand new series of Would I Lie To You starting this evening so I'm really looking forward to that no end.

It's going to be a good day.  You have one too and stay warm and safe.  xx

14 comments:

  1. So annoying when you're all set to go and the pattern doesn't work. Have you checked on Ravelry, there are loads of hexagon blanket patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're also advertising the Great Pottery Showdown, starting again this weekend. I'm assuming it is actually a new series but not entirely sure on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must look that one up - one of my favourites. Thanks.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Sunday 10th January 2021 at 7.45 pm on Channel 4. It's a new series ... I just checked!

      Delete
    3. Woo hoo - and thanks. xx

      Delete
  3. Time is flying by isn't it, you'd think it would be dragging with us being stuck inside.

    Like you I have a shopping list on the go all the time, but I will only go out for things when it becomes really necessary. I had to go for potatoes today being a mainstay of my rations they really were a necessity, (trust me to forget to bring them with me) so I got all the other things that were on my list plus a few birthday treats for Alan. I shouldn't need to go out again for a couple of weeks now except for doggy walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I won't need to go out as long as I remember to use some of my yogurt to make another batch using my long life milk. Can't manage without yogurt (ha ha).
      I have about six things on my list at the moment.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The pandemic has altered my shopping routine, too, and it’s probably for the best. Here in the US, we have Walmart stores and they have a wonderful free online option. You create your list on the app then pick a day and time for pickup. Personal shoppers do your shopping, alert you of anything that is out of stock and has been substituted, you can agree to the substitute or not then show up at your pre-determined time and they load your order in the back of the car. I’ve found it very convenient. It gets me out of the house but not in the store. Our COVID numbers are really bad in my area now so I’m not doing in-person shopping. I admit I can’t wait until I get go do my own shopping when this is all over! 😉. Have a warm and cozy weekend! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Click and Collect too and I am thinking about it but one hears such stories about most inappropriate substitutions; I think I'd rather make my own subs really. A very early morning shop should be OK.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I'm not planning to go in any supermarket for the whole of this month. We had a delivery the beginning of this week, and I have another, fairly small one booked for the week after next. Hopefully that will be all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Booking a delivery slop is like hunting for the gold at the end of the rainbow at the moment.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you had an enjoyable day. I love Would I lie to You? It really makes me laugh and I think we could all use one of those now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I laugh myself to tears, it's so hysterically funny. Definitely a favourite.
      xx

      Delete