Thursday 28 January 2021

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.  So sorry this is late - it's been a busy morning.  Right now it's mild and the sun is shining brightly.  So nice after overnight rain.

Yesterday was a good day.  It started off with a trip into town to pick up my prescriptions.  The car park, which is usually jam packed full, had just one other car in it when I arrived just before nine and, while there were enough people that it wasn't totally deserted, High Street felt very empty.  I got my tablets from Boots and popped into M&S for some f&v.  They're blocked off the top floor but have been very sensible and moved more essential clothing downstairs.  All the fashion clothing has gone and instead there's underwear, children's clothing, sleepwear and basics like jeans, jumpers, etc.  Yes, I did, I bought a top and a bra.  The latter was planned!

Once home, I had my chat with Val and very nice it was too.  She's well and so is her family.  Once that was finished, I bustled around getting ready for my personal training session with Lindsey - change of clothing and getting out the equipment, such as it is.  I have a balance ball and a balance plate (I think that's what it's called), some weights, a step and resistance bands and with these Lindsey is able to put together a progressive programme that works for me.  It was fun.

Then I went over to Beth's for coffee and to take the rest of the ironing, etc.  I only stayed half an hour which was her break but it was nice.

So, all in all, a busy day, but a good one.  Today is progressing well but I won't go into that now.  I'm late because I did an early shop, went to the optician and then had a chat with Chris.  I'm back over to Beth's in a short while, to take her shopping.  Alex is coming home today (his exams have just finished) and is staying for at least a fortnight which means that she needs more in the way of food!  It also means I won't be seeing her face to face for ten days.  He's coming home in the train so we thought it wiser really.  I will miss the live interaction but thank goodness for the Internet/Zoom, etc.

Well, I'd better sort out my breakfast.  Better late than never.  Take care, have a good day and be happy.  xx

13 comments:

  1. I check your posts first thing and wondered where you were today. I'm pleased and relieved to see a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, Cherie, so sorry to worry you. I am very well and glad to have picked up my glasses at long last.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Aw, thanks, Laurie. I am glad I got round to posting, even if it was late. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you it is a good day today for me too. Akthough,it is ridiculously hot here of all things; 26c. I came back from my walk feeling far too hot and hence exhausted.Two days ago it was freezing cold... crazy weather. Sounds like you have had a busy worthwhile day and all before breakfast. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, that's a huge difference in temperature. 26 C is a perfect summer day here.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Glad your busy day is going well! I'm teaching an online course right now and have been working on it this morning. Made pancakes for breakfast and talked on phone to my oldest sister. Have a flute lesson, via FaceTime, at one o'clock and a church council meeting via Zoom this evening. So, somewhat busy for me today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very busy and very fulfilling! Good for you and take care too.
      xx

      Delete
  5. You had a busy start to the day. I think you may have forgotten to mention all of your shopping treats that jumped into your basket ... what do you think of it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saving that for tomorrow's post! lol
      xx

      Delete
  6. Nice busy day it certainly staves off the boredom of the current situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does and that's worth a lot.
      xx

      Delete
  7. You could have taken the ironing at the same time as the shopping - WE'RE IN LOCKDOWN! It's ridiculous how many people disregard the rules - ESSENTIAL JOURNEYs ONLY. Yes it's your support bubble but that doesn't alter the rules - ESSENTIAL JOURNEYS ONLY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, oh dear - obviously your definition of 'essential' is different to mine.
      Never mind, I'm sure you are sticking to yours as I am to mine.
      Stay safe - mentally and emotionally as well as physically and why not identify yourself? I don't do or approve of trolling personally!
      xx

      Delete