Saturday 9 January 2021

Saturday

 Good morning again.  Another cold and frosty start to the day, a bit misty and I'm so glad I don't need to go out this morning.

Yesterday, I had a lovely chat with Jackie.  We haven't 'seen' each other since before Christmas so there was plenty to catch up on.  I first met Jackie just after I had started working at school.  I was doing two terms maternity cover as a way of getting back into teaching once my two were back at school and was standing at the photocopier outside the head's room while she was waiting to go in to be interviewed for a post.  We exchanged a few words and I wished her good luck.  That was in the mid 1980s.  She got the post and things went on from there - she ended up as head and I ended up as Key Stage coordinator and SENCO.
Anyway, we had a good old natter together yesterday.

When the cleaner came, I disappeared upstairs and sorted out the guest room where all the Christmas fabric-y things were lying around.  I got them all sorted and put away and made up the beds.  It was then that I realised that the beds have drawers under and the draws are empty.  They would be an ideal place for all the Christmas stuff which is light.  So today or tomorrow, I might very well move the newly cleared stuff to free up more cupboard space.

I've been trying to make a Lakeland order all week.  However, they've been out of a certain item all week so each day I've been going in to check.  At last, yesterday, they had it back in so I was able to complete my order which should arrive middle of next week.  Another thing ticked off my list.

Today I have absolutely nothing in the diary and I think I'm going to have a very easy day.  I might even stay in my pjs until later on.  There are the aforementioned Christmas things to re-sort and my bedroom is a bit of a cluttery mess but I don't HAVE to do them, only if I feel like it.  Nice.

I hope you all have a lovely day today, whatever your plans and commitments are.  Stay safe . . . xx

12 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy a lovely relaxing day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going well so far. Half ten and I think I now fancy a bath and then to get dressed. I think I'm too old for PJ days!
      I just need to wait for the carrots (for lunchtime soup) to finish roasting and then I can pop everything into Hermione and leave her to do the hard work!
      Oh, the idle life! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I always look forward to the post Christmas clear out/up as it feels a good way to start the new year. I was wondering if there was another space in the house to keep Christmas trimmings - it gets harder for us to get them in and out of the loft these days. Have a nice weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lofts/attics are not really very accessible places, are they? More than ever, I am glad I got the garage sorted and the shelving in. One of the best things I did last year.
      You too. xx

      Delete
  3. I too got out of my pjs around 10am. its now 6.30 pm and im itching to get back in them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An evening in pjs is lovely and relaxing, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  4. Never too old for pj days!!!Although I must confess to never having done it but I do wear jersey trousers or joggers.It will be such a shock to try on fitted trousers but bet they won’t fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Know the feeling! There's nothing wrong with feeling comfortable . :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Here, instead of attics we have "crawl spaces" under the house. In one place I lived it really was a crawl space as it was only about 4 feet high. In my present house I can walk upright although a taller person would have to duck. It's great for storing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What we would call a cellar, maybe? I'd love a cellar but are they prone to flooding, being underground?
      xx

      Delete
  6. Sometimes we meet someone and hit it first off immediately. We just know!
    I love to hear how friends become friends. It's intriguing how some stay friends and others fall by the wayside for no particular reason

    ReplyDelete