Monday 18 January 2021

Monday

 Good morning, everyone.  First of all, just to say a big thanks for all your kind and supportive comments yesterday.  I wasn't exactly upset, just rather taken aback, but it's all done and dusted now and, hopefully, that's the end of it.

Beth and I had a lovely few hours together yesterday.  She arrived in time for lunch and stayed until around four thirty, departing with ironing, frozen meals, basket and railing that she used to use to hang things on at craft fairs. It was great to catch up on everything.  She read my blog yesterday and laughed, saying that I had definitely gone into 'kind but very firm teacher mode' - apparently it is a recognisable me-thing that I've done before on many an occasion and probably will again.  I do know what she means!

I've ticked off one thing on my 'to do' list.  Admittedly, it is the simplest thing on the list, that of sorting out my poly bag drawer, but it's now spick, span and tidy and things will no longer keep falling down the back.  It was a great feeling,. ticking it off!

I thoroughly enjoyed Throw Down again yesterday evening although I disagreed with the elimination choice.  Having said that, I am no expert so who am I to judge?  Again, there were some fantastic creations and how they do it in the time they have, I cannot fathom.  The winning creation was stunning, I thought.

Today the diary is absolutely empty but I have a stack of washing to do, both mine and Beth's, followed by the drying and ironing, and I will pick another task from the list, probably sorting out the cupboard under the sink which really is a dog's dinner of a mess right now.  I also want to complete my shopping list as I said to Beth that I'd do her shopping as well as mine so we made a rough list.  I want to get everything into some sort of coherent order and then I'll go tomorrow or Wednesday early morning.  It make more sense for one of us to go out instead of both and I'm running short of some items, mostly fresh stuff.

Well, I'd better stop as it's time for the second hot drink of the day.  Have a great day, whatever you have planned, and take care.  xx

9 comments:

  1. I have many teacher friends and I know that 'teacher mode' well! I have a jumper to finish sewing today for little Freddie when it finaly comes light enough to see and as I am running behind (had to redo one of the seams) DH is going to do the dinosaurs for the cake. Good luck under that sink - I am OK for kitchen cupboards having just had new installed they are still quite in order (maybe not for long though!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I honestly can't help it, having survived on it for decades! Happy sewing and thanks - I'm glad half the space in the cupboard is taken up with the water softened so it's not going to take as long as it looks, so to speak. It doesn't take long to clutter up either, does it?

      Delete
  2. Yes, it seems I have a 'shop manager mode' and when in it face to face sometimes have the 'look' that used to scare the bejesus out of shoplifters ... it can come in handy ;-)

    Your house is going to be SO well organised when lockdown ends, but what a brilliant time to be able to bring everything under control slowly and steadily while we actually have the time. When the sun comes out we should all hopefully have time to sit in it and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it can be handy! That sort of thing is just so useful!

      I doubt I will ever get to the point when I can say my house is totally organised but, if it is better than it is now, that will be a big gain!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I didn't agree with their elimination choice in the Throw Down. I was expecting Alon to go, even though he won the brick making part, as his final piece and use of the slip was a mess and technically poor. Still, what do I know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my feeling. The brick thing was largely muscle strength and his results were, as you said, a right mess. I think he got through on 'creativity'.
      But I'm not an expert.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'd love to have a Kind but firm teacher mode! but I fear I'm more of a short tempered grumpy delete it quick mode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > I bet everyone can be that too! Mine is down to years of survival in the classroom and in meetings. Never panic, never lose control, always think it through!
      xx

      Delete