Friday 22 January 2021

Friday

 Morning, everyone.  We have a hard frost here this morning and a very sunny forecast for the day.  Cold and sunny is my idea of a perfect winter day, cheerful and encouraging, and the sun keeps it warm this side of the windows.

Yesterday went well.  Chris could make an afternoon chat so we hope to be able to chat this afternoon instead, fingers crossed, although I had forgotten the cleaner/cleaners will be here at some point.  

Dave came round as planned and we set the finance thing (it's cashing in a very small pension, I don't mind saying) in motion.  I now have to wait for paperwork to arrive which should take two weeks, maybe more with the postal problems at the moment, fill in missing details such as bank details, etc, send it back, they have to get in touch with IR to get a tax code, take tax off 75% of it and then dump what's left into my bank account.
So I reckon we could be looking at a couple of months, but that's OK, it just seems that I could use the money better in my ISA really.  If I can get it in this financial year, that would be good, but if not, no problem.

The online funeral was sad, as they always are, but well done.  I loved that it started and finished with the Hallelujah Chorus from The Messiah.  It really set the tone and  I am so very glad I was able to be there online.

I had enough darks to make a load so I was able to test the cover to the drying rack and it was great.  It's less obvious covered and I thought it did dry the clothes more quickly.  It's never going to be as quick and the tumble dryer but it's loads more economical.  It's also good for airing if things are slightly damp after ironing.

Zoom SW was fun.  Last week, Jen started organising it more as the face to face sessions used to be organised and I think we are all appreciating that very much.  After last week's disappointment, I had a better loss this week so I'm happy with that!  There's still Christmas poundage to lose but it's going and that's the important thing.

Today I have two chats, hopefully, and a downstairs clean, so before the latter I will do a little bit of clearing up any clutter.  It really won't take long as I've been  pretty good about clearing up after myself this week.
As it's a downstairs clean, I will disappear upstairs and tackle some books, some cupboards or something like that.  There's plenty to do!

Better get going, I suppose.  All the best and have a very good day, whatever your plans, stay warm and safe and positive.  xx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. Positive thinking worked and Cookie baby's(aka grand-daughter) COVID results were negative...big sigh of relief. Weather was really lovely just about 30 minutes ago and I was cleaning with the help of the BUG (aka Robot Vacuum)but the wind has suddenly picked up and heavy gusts are blowing in dust and fluff from outside...so much for cleaning! I have sent the BUG back home. I like the sound of your electric drying rack and I think my sister could do with one of those so I shall send her the details from your last post. I don't need one here as clothes dry pretty well but I have been looking for a wooden clothes horse like my mother had (the old type). I do use my balcony at times for drying clothes but the racks you get here (at least what I have found to date) are pretty flimsy and fall over. Finance ...won't go there! I am pretty fed up with the Tax Office here but it can keep for the time being. Hope your day is going as planned. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic news. What a relief it must be for you.
      It's really good, this drying rack, but I warn you, it is pretty expensive. Mine was bought from a friend for a lot less than the cover cost. I'm not sure you can still get the old fashioned kind but you never know - good hunting!

      The tax office can be a bit of a pain here too but this might not be needed, it depends what tax they say. If they just apply my normal rate, there will be nothing to claim back so my fingers are crossed. I hope your issues get sorted out relatively easily.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Cold but sunny here and I am catching up on myself after the childcare - a pile of paperwork. The house seems very quiet today with no little one to entertain. Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with cashing in your pension. I'm considering doing the same myself but am dithering!

    Hope you have a good day today xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a great day already, Joy. I have already spoken to my oldest sister (20 years older, actually) and that was quite nice. She just celebrated her 82nd birthday. I hope my husband and I can get out and take a nice walk for a bit and perhaps do something else safely. I am more optimistic now that President Biden is in office and, hopefully, the vaccinations will start being available more quickly. Take care and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you have a glass of wine on SW?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone, it really worked and I'm proud to give testimony too.
    My husband left me for another girl. I felt very bad but I expected
    him to come back to me. One day, I saw a message about how a lady met
    her husband and I decided to contact this prophet that helped her
    because my relationship was failing. Although I never believed in
    spiritual work. I tried reluctantly because I was desperate, but to my
    greatest surprise, this prophet (Baba Eko) helped me and my
    relationship is perfect now, since Baba Eko helped me, my husband now
    treats me like a queen, even when he told me he does not love me
    anymore more. . Well, I can not say much, but if you are going through
    difficulties in your relationship or any issues at all, here is Baba
    Eko email address: babaekotemple@gmail.com
    Or contact his WhatsApp: +2348158768376
    Your partner will definitely come back to you ..

    ReplyDelete