Wednesday 20 January 2021

Wednesday

 Morning!  

I'm glad to say I managed to get all my washing, drying and ironing done, despite the weather.  I got the other drying rack out of the shed, shuddering at how many spiders webs it had, showing just how long since I last needed to use it.  I had forgotten it was a heated rack and it should have a cover but I have no idea where the cover is.  It might have got chucked at some point.  

So here's my modern equivalent of the clothes horse.  The one (on the left) heats up each of those side to side rails so it's a good even heat.  I think it originally came from Lakeland but I bought it off a friend.

I went onto Lakeland and Amazon to look for a replacement cover and found that although Lakeland was cheaper, by the time postage had been added, it was more expensive than Amazon Prime which also has next day delivery.  So I should be getting a cover today because, to be honest, it worked brilliantly yesterday so the smaller rack is going back into the shed and the electric one is staying inside from now on.



I sorted out two things on my list.  Just small things but now they've done and crossed off the list.
One was sorting out the paper box on my work table.  That's all done now and, while it isn't empty, it isn't cluttered either.  The other was a financial thing and that's well on the way to being done now.  It was good to get them both done.

Today is another comparatively busy day.
I'm going shopping early morning, great long list in hand containing items for both Beth and me.  I have an online chat with Val later in the morning and my personal training sessions with Lindsey over lunch time.  After that, I need to take the shopping over to Beth.

I will be ready for some chill-out time later on in the afternoon, won't I?
What are your plans for today?
Take care, stay safe and have a good 'un.  xx


22 comments:

  1. Good morning, Joy. I've been enjoying an early morning catch up. Most of my time is taken up by work and home schooling just now and I've hardly had a moment to myself.
    I've previously considered getting myself one of those heated Lakeland racks, so I'm interested to see how you find using it with the cover. It looks like it can hold quite a lot.
    Enjoy your day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does hold a lot. As it's heated, the clothes can go quite close together. I'll let you know when I've tried it with the cover.
      Home schooling or, as some are calling it, crisis schooling, isn't easy, is it? Imagine having to do it with thirty at a time!! :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. It’s Rachel here - not sure if my comments come through off my phone. Jules and Joy, I have this Lakeland rack and it’s brilliant and it also does warm the room a little bit! I use it mostly for all the necessary winter woollens that cannot be dried in the drier!

      Delete
  2. Joy your drying system looks like mine since my tumble dryer bit the dust. I must say I do miss the lovely fluffy towels from the tumble dryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very m8ch a necessary thing. Even in the summer when I dry on the line, I finish towels off in the dryer. Are you going to replace your dryer?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Seem to have used my tumble dryer more this winter than ever before. Too Much Rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most certainly too much rain! I think I've been able to use the line once this winter and that's it. When it's not raining, it's too damp or too still and cold and the washing would never dry in daylight hours.
      It will improve again.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I did a load of paperwork at the weekend but we have had post everyday so far and already I have more to do!! Hope your cover comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, thanks, Viv and it's not on the rack and the whole lot is sitting nicely in a concealed corner, just because it can. Normally I will put it down between using.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I am currently having to use the tumble dryer. Even if it isn't raining it's really damp out. That electric clothes horse looks like a good idea, I've not heard of one before. Is it costly to run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lakeland gumph says:
      "This 3-Tier Standard Heated Airer offers 21m of drying space, holding 15kg of laundry, on a light aluminium frame and will dry your clothes much more quickly than an unheated tower airer. At less than 6p an hour to run, and thermostatically-controlled bars that won’t overheat, it’s also a lot kinder to your clothes than running a tumble dryer. And when you don’t have laundry to dry you can fold your electric airer down to only 8cm deep for flat storage."
      SO I guess it really isn't expensive at all, cheaper than a tumble dryer.
      xx

      Delete
    2. At those prices it's almost worth using to take the chill off my kitchen before I cook tea. It's perishing in there.

      Delete
  6. I was really tempted by those heated clothes drying racks when Lakeland first bought them out, but I'm glad I didn't get one now as I don't think I would be able to fit it anywhere in my new home. It's a pity because it would be so much better than having damp things around the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame but yes, it is pretty substantial. Even folded down, it's not small. The cover also acts as a sort of bag when it's folded down, I gather, which is clever.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Not the nicest of days for us Joy! We have been told that we have to go back into lockdown as from tomorrow at 8pm for 15 days. Numbers have soared once again. We also had some bad news that thanks to the inconsiderate behaviour of one of my grand-daughter's class mates at college she and her other classmates have had to take the Covid test this morning and self-isolate until she gets the results of the test tomorrow. So we wait keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry ton read this, what a nuisance for you all. Hopefully, your grand-daughter will be fine but it's not nice for her or her class-mates. :-(
      xx

      Delete
  8. I love your drying rack. I hang my laundry in the sauna this time of year. Or, I wait for the sun to shine, and put it outside on the clothesline. Today I plan to sort through some paperwork, like you did. I just fixed the toilet, which is a huge relief. I just jiggled a few things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea for a sauna! A heated room instead of just a rack. Brilliant!
      xx

      Delete
  9. I didn't know electric airing racks was even a thing. Is it economical to run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've quoted some bumph to Cherie above and it seems to be OK. The flip side is that it is very expensive to buy in the first place and I guess I was lucky to buy this from a friend who was downsizing.
      xx

      Delete
  10. I just put my clothes rack over the air vent and everything dries pretty quickly there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that connected with air con? I don't have any sort of air vent that would dry clothes like that. How very useful!
      xx

      Delete