Monday 8 June 2020

Monday

Morning!  It's still dark, damp and dismal but, somehow, it doesn't feel as cold as it did yesterday morning.  Yesterday was a funny old, mixed up day with sun, warmth, chill, wind, rain, gloom - almost the lot really.  The plants certainly look a lot happier for a good old drink.

Between breakfast and lunch I went for a good old walk out into the country, round the new housing estate, and back round an older area into our estate again.  When I left it was cloudy, then the sun came out and I felt almost too warm what with being well wrapped up and five minuted before home it started raining.  I only got slightly damp but as I arrived under the porch it got quite hard so I think I had a lucky escape.  
It was a good old walk, filled with friendly people giving cheery greetings fro a distance.  I'm glad I went out to blow away the cobwebs!

I took some photos - here's some.
























The rest of the day was just a normal, quiet Sunday really.

Today I am meeting Beth down the allotment at around nine unless it pours, in which case she is coming here.  Yes, Alex has his second exam.  Good luck to him.

Then, in the afternoon, I have a scheduled video chat with Val which I am looking forward to very much.

That's about it for today and it's time for another coffee..  Have a super day and be safe and happy.  xx


15 comments:

  1. Had rain nearly all day here - some quite heavy and such a cold wind.
    Hope your day is good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicer weather is supposed to be heading this way but it hasn't landed yet. At least the rain is good.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Yesterday began cool and windy here, but warmed up quite nicely as the day went on. It looks like it will be overcast today but we'll get out for a walk later on, as we've some filming to do for a class video. Wish me luck. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed. Hoping the sun shines on you and that you enjoy the walk!
      xx

      Delete
  3. It was a great walk. A few hills would be nice but it's generally very flat around here so no complaints from me! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grand never complained once about short semester in U.K. What is is...she and younger sister, also in college here, are delivering food for restaurants, getting groceries...and youngest sister rides along. They are making do. The little boys in Florida are doing the same-making do...Facetime with Nana for school. Enjoy your photos and especially your lovely gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her. I like that she is making the best of it and isn't letting it get her down. xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you managed to get to the allotment.I only grow runner beans in a pot now.I saw somewhere to put a slice of tomato on some compost and the seeds will germinate and I thought I would give it a go.I now have six little tomato plants!Simple pleasures in these tough days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't. It felt so cold and damp and we didn't see the point really. Another day.
      xx

      Delete
  6. 'Just a normal quiet Sunday' sounds like bliss :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it and yes, it was pleasant. Thanks, Sue.
      xx

      Delete
  7. No point getting chilled to the bone gardening. The sun always shines at some point doesn't it. Those plants will still grow without you and gardening is much nicer with the sun warm on your back isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever so much nicer. That's what we said, Cherie, the plants will be fine. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. The sun is finally coming out, but the temperature is still not the best. Hopefully I will be able to go out for my daily walks soon instead of using the treadmill. I envy you your wonderful views.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treadmills are all very well but they don't blow away the mental cobwebs like a walk in the fresh air, do they. I hope it warms up again for you soon.
      xx

      Delete