Monday 1 June 2020

Monday and a new month

Good morning, everyone and welcome to June, the first of the summer months.  Pinch and punch for the first of the month and white rabbits to you!  :-)

Yesterday started off beautifully.  I set the chair and little table out in the garden and had a carafe of early morning coffee, very good and strong, drunk from one of my wee coffee cups which is only a couple of mouthfuls but makes me feel a bit sort of continental.  A croissant, some pats of good butter and some home made jam would have completed the picture but - you know - Slimming World and all that!


It was actually so warm that I moved the chair into some shade after a while and enjoyed the warmth, the breeze through the trees next door and beyond and the sweet scent of the flowers.


Lovely!















THen I went indoors and my mood descended rapidly as I sorted out the dishwasher, stacked my half and one litre Pyrex bowls and promptly missed the shelf so they crashed onto the floor.  Darn it (or maybe slightly stronger), muttered I and set to clearing it all up.  Pyrex doesn't half shatter!

I went onto Amazon (I use those bowls a lot) and, to my delight, they had some with lids, proper lids, something they didn't have when I last looked.  So now several new bowls are on their way to me, complete with lids!  Excellent.

After that, the day very much went to plan.  I picked some strawberries, pinched out some side shoots, talked to the runner beans, decided the cucumbers must have grown a good inch or so since the day before and then lounged about in the warmth.  Oh, yes, and I did some washing too.

Down the allotment, the tomatoes I put in on Saturday looked nice and healthy, as did the runner beans, although there are definitely some gaps which will need filling.  I'll defer buying any plants until I see whether the ones I planted in pots actually come up or not.  I should know by the end of the week.

Today is definitely busier.  First thing I need to go into town to pick up my prescription from Boots (not the surgery any more) which is a bit of a nuisance but has to be done.  I'm not keen on going into town and will take the car, not the bus.  Once I've done that (good and early so fingers crossed) I'll come home and do the usual household stuff until just before half past eleven when I'm off to Lindsey's for half an hour of personal training in her garden.  This new, both in place and time.  The time is because she's had to change my usual Friday slot and the place because she's now, from today, doing the PT in her garden when possible.  I'm looking forward to that very much.

The, later on, I might be doing allotment duties; it all depends if Beth can make it or now and, if not, I will instead.

It should all be good so fingers crossed.  A good day for you all too, I hope.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice full and busy day have fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It does rather, doesn't it? A bit like the olden days really! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your day sounds good and busy.

    One reason I don't like pyrex much is the mess it makes when it breaks - ceramic tiled floor here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very hard tiles and, yes, they made an awful mess. It took me ages to clear up. However, I do like pyrex so I take the risk. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I like your little chair set up, it's good to make the most of this sunny weather isn't it. I can almost smell the lavender. Mine has yet to flower here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very peaceful and comfortable chair and, yes, I'm making the most of the good weather while it continues. It's lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  4. A shame about the bowls but it sounds like the replacements will be even better. Your spot in the garden for early morning coffee looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying the garden at the moment and I'm so looking forward to when there are tomatoes to pick and runner beans climbing op and over the metal archways. It looks great then.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I was cross with myself, it was sheer carelessness but there's always a silver lining, isn't there, and I'm glad to have lids.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. If all my tomatoes produce good crops we will be eating them morning noon and night time come the summer. My cucumber is starting to fly up and with a bit of luck should produce enough to keep us going for a good while. It tastes so much nicer when it's grown at home doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever so much nicer, yes. You just can't compare it with shop bought, however nice they may be. Even the frozen produce, eaten months later, tastes wonderful.
      One of the delights of my mummer is to walk round the garden, picking and eating tomatoes warmed by the sun. Amazing flavour!
      xx

      Delete
    2. Mummer????? I mean summer, of course.
      xx

      Delete