Friday 12 June 2020

Friday

Morning, everyone!

Here's the puzzle I'm going to start first - it should be comparatively simple because there are very clearly defined 'areas' to match up.  It's a bit twee but I like it.


Yesterday was the best day in a long while.  The journey over to Dad's was a good one with very little traffic (although there were still hold ups on the A120 around the roadworks for the new by-pass) and the journey back was just as good.

Dad was looking very well and was on top form, telling us all about how things are going and the way people have been so good at looking out for him and making sure he's OK.

I am now very much looking forward to next weekend when I'm resuming my fortnightly visits to stay over (now we're allowed to) and, just by chance, it is Father's Day so I will cook him some jolly good dinners!

Today is pretty busy too.  At around midday, I'm meeting Jackie at Hyde Hall and we will have a sensibly distanced stroll around, catching up on things and enjoying the plants.  I might even splash some cash on a plant.  A friend gave me a tenner for my birthday and I haven't spent it yet. 

Before then, I need to get the place tidy so the cleaners have a clear run.
And that's about it really.  It should be a super day and I hope yours is as well.  xx   



6 comments:

  1. I so happy you and your daughter had a nice visit with your dad and that you found him in great spirits! Congratulations to your g-son on completing his finals. Maybe we can all enjoy summer a bit more now. Stay healthy! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your Dad is fit and well and OK with these strange times.
    Hope it was fine for your trip today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your puzzle. I am on the second (and third in some cases) of making up my collection of puzzles and am desperately looking for a fresh one to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your garden visit. Love the puzzle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must have been lovely to visit your dad once again and I'm sure he would have been thrilled to see you too. It must be good to know you can resume your regular visits now. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, everyone. It was a lovely visit to dad - did us all good, I reckon. xx

    ReplyDelete