Monday 3 February 2020

Monday

Good morning.  I'm sitting up in bed at Dad's, laptop on a pillow in front of me, wondering if I can be bothered to go down and make coffee.  It seems fine enough outside and today is supposed to be a pleasant day. 

As expected, yesterday was a very pleasant, quiet day.  I didn't get out in the end, which was a shame, but not the end of the world.  I knitted, we chatted, I prepped meals and we watched telly together.

Today it's back to the usual things again.  Once I get home, I'll get unpacked and pop a bit of washing in the machine, check the planning for later - it's already done, I just need to make sure I have everything in order - then I will walk to school for knitter knatter and helping in FS before coming home for tuition.

A usual, normal Monday.  Nice!


8 comments:

  1. I’m glad the weekend went well. The weather here is to be fine but very windy. Mike is off to Manchester so I shall try to use the day constructively then I have a WI committee meeting tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it all goes well for you, especially the meeting.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Have a safe journey home. I'm taking things easy today as I'm full of cold. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the time of year, isn't it. Best to rest up and let things take their course. I hope you feel better very soon.
      Itv was a very easy journey home, thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  3. There's a lot of comfort and satisfaction hidden in routine. I hope you have a lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is, Eileen, I agree. Safe and predictable is good and reassuring. It's been great, thank you. Now for some telly and some dinner.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hope your day goes well! Sometimes we just need a day in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I'm very grateful that I am able to follow those impulses and stay in if I want to. Here's to retirement!
      xx

      Delete