Sunday 9 February 2020

Sunday

Good morning!  It's a bit windy out there but nothing like as bad as they said - yet.  Maybe it will get worse as the day progresses but right now it is far from the 60-ish that BBC weather says we are having.  I moved my wind chimes and put the bins in more sheltered places so, for the rest, it is fingers crossed really. 

I hope everyone is OK and there's been no damage.

Yesterday was, in contrast, lovely and sunny, almost too sunny in that it made driving to B&Q later in the afternoon quite difficult.  Mind you, it's great for the posture, having to sit up so straight so the sun visor works!

While at B&Q, I bought a selection of seeds and now I feel quite virtuous because, usually, we leave it late and can't find the ones we want.
I bought baby corn, broad beans, runner beans, yellow courgette, butternut squash, gherkin ( to be grown as mini cucumbers) and some sunflowers because I though they might look nice grown in a row along the front.  I might pop a few in my front bed too!

Oddly, I felt quite dizzy in the morning, checked my blood pressure and found it was quite low for me.  I'll keep checking it for a few days and, if it's still low, stop taking the second b p tablet and let my GP know (that's what she told me to do).  I'm feeling fine now.

Today, I think, is a day to stay inside, warm, dry and safe.  Beth is scheduled to come over for lunch but I've said to cancel if she'd rather not turn out.  As for me, I will do some inside exercise, knit, watch telly, do a bit of sorting stuff out (MUST tidy my tuition shelves) and plan for the week.

For us all, stay safe today.  xx



10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better but make sure you keep a check on your blood pressure.
    The weather is wild here and I'll be relieved once the storm has passed. When the wind and rain is this bad it blows down the chimney breast and I can only wait for it to dry out.
    Stay safe and warm. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must create a fair old draught through the house. Is there any way of shutting it off?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Very windy here - no damage so far - fingers crossed.
    Hope you BP stays OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May it stay that way - no damage, I mean.
      I'm sure it will be fine, thank you, but I intend to monitor am and pm for five days, just to check.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's too wild outside to think about venturing out today but so far there is no damage to property thank goodness.

    I hope your BP sorts itself out quickly ... that dizzy feeling is not pleasant at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not, and it's not something that troubles me all that much usually!!! Good news that all is safe.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Windy here too - no tiles flying off the roof so must not be too bad out there. My mum has been having problems with her BP....the GP put her on an extra tablet and a few days later we were trying to revive her as it had plummeted - she cannot find a happy medium now - it is up then down. I wonder if the new medication maybe works too well!
    Take care and hope yours gets sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on it for a while now, it's not brand new, but I am losing weight so maybe that's connected. I'm happy to keep an eye on it and make changes if necessary - that's what Dr Singh told me to do.
      Fingers crossed and I hope your mum will be OK anbd that things will stabilise for her. It must be very worrying.
      No flying tiles is good!
      xx

      Delete
  5. We are experiencing severely cold weather and slight dusting of snow. I have learned to stay inside if it is under 20 degrees F., and when there is real snow, I don't dare go out and risk falling again. Hope you enjoy your day. Do you enjoy reading also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very cold indeed. It's nothing like that here but the rain and wind are both pretty bad right now.
      Hoping we are all staying safe.
      xx

      Delete