Thursday 27 February 2020

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  After saying no snow yesterday, of course we did have some after all.  Quite heavy at one point and I bet the excitement was high in all the local classrooms but it died away without settling and the afternoon was beautifully sunny again.

I stayed in and did this and that.  Beth came over and stayed for dinner before we set oput for pottery.

Two of the candle stands are now done and last night I glazed the third one.  I really MUST order some ball candles.
Here's the two that are now done - just imagine a ball candle on top, if you please.



And this is what Beth was working on - now glazed and ready for firing again.  It's a sign for the allotment as our old one fell apart.  I think it will be lovely.


I've decided I want to play with some glazing so I made three oval pots using a mould and when they are fired I'm going to splatter glaze around and see what happens.  I might spray with a toothbrush (do you remember doing that at school?), blend colours together and generally make a mess and then see how it all glazes.  It should be fun.

Today is an adventure.  Well, something new anyway and it should be jolly good fun.  Lindsey has organised for a group of us to go to a spa resort near Colchester for a 'spa day'.  Believe it or not, I've not done anything like this before so I'm very much looking forward to it.  Being Lindsey, it's also a fund raiser for Kids Inspire.

Hope you have a super day too.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Spa day should be be fun the only trouble is you are so relaxed going home is a pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ball candle holders and the allotment number plate. Sorry to be a misery but just make sure nobody light-fingered can nick it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that! It's not a nicking sort of place but there's often one, isn't there. Maybe a padlock or something - I'll talk it over with Beth! Thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Love the candle holders and the sign for your allotment. Have a lovely spa day with your friends xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant and thanks, Hazel. I'mm looking forward to seeing the finished article.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The candle holders have a Japanese flavour to them and are both lovely and the plaque too - well done. Have a great spa day - I have never been to one either.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole 'spa world' is - or was - outside of my way of life but it has been a very good experience. I knew I couldn't be the only one not to have had one before and it's nice to have company!!
      xx

      Delete
  5. The candle holders are lovely, as is the allotment plaque

    I've never been on a spa day but friends rave about them. I hope you have a great time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the opportunity, go with a friend, Eileen. It's rather nice once in a while.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I love the candle stands, especially the green one. I think the allotment sign is a really neat idea and so cute. Would you show us the oval pots when completed? I'm not sure what they are or what they'd look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, Sue. They're a bit like a pate dish with a lip, not terribly regular because the clay kept drooping, but that doesn't bother me. I think they will make nice side salad servers but the main aim is to play with glaze (which might end up horrible!!) and I didn't want to make something that I then couldn't use in some way. That would feel like a waste of materials and energy.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I have never had a spa experience .Look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The candle holders look great. I always enjoy seeing your work. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules, that's such a lovely thing to say. I've now ordered the ball candles so I'm hoping they will come before next Thursday. Fingers crossed.
      xx

      Delete