Friday, 25 September 2026

Friday, 25-09-26

Good morning, you lovely people.  Welcome to Fish and Chips day - although I don't usually, do you?
It's chilly right now but I gather it will warm up in a while - typical Autumn weather, in fact.

Personal training yesterday was good, as it always is.  I don't have one next week as Lindsey is away, but I have plenty to work on so that's OK.  Lindsey posted a few things about hips mobility and leg strength on one of her groups and they both look the sort of thing I could work with.

Chris and I had a good old natter and I managed to palm off some of my tomatoes!  Hers are pretty much finished now and she bought some the other day so I wish I'd offered sooner.  Not to worry, she knows now.
Kay didn't come.  She's had a really rough time recently and is withdrawing from house cleaning until after Christmas when she will make a decision whether to resume or not.  I have every sympathy for her; life can be very challenging at times.

I'm ploughing through KCSIE.  I set my watch to fifteen  minutes at a time and it's really helped.  I'm now more than half way through and there are a lot of appendices that I don't have to do more than skim read so I'm confident that I will finish it today.  I'm also going to read through the summary of changes (there's quite a lot) which, I think, will be more relevant.

Finally, I had a lovely online chat with friends from the Slim Win group.  We haven't 'met' all summer so there was plenty to catch up on.

Today, being Friday, is Slimming World day.  I haven't been angelic this week so I'm not expecting any miracles - a maintain would be fantastic!  :-)

And no fish and chips.  I'm making Spanish white bean stew which looks both delicious and dead easy!  And healthy!

Have a lovely day and enjoy your fish and chips if that's what you're having.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Your stew sounds much more tasty than fish and chips. I like a chippy tea when I'm by the sea (or lake), but I don't like fried fish. I hope you get finished with KCSIE. It's a necessary but arduous task. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it is necessary, just heavy!
      I think fish and chips tastes twice as nice by the seaside. I wonder why that it. Maybe an affinity with the sea air?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of your bean stew but no thanks to fish and chips.It’s a local holiday here this weekend so the school are closed Friday and Monday. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds nice. It's supposed to be good weather round here and I hope it will be up your way too.
      The bean stew does sound nice, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete
    2. (too many 'nice' s there - sorry!)

      Delete
  3. I love fish n chips but they are better by the sea aren’t they. Our Friday treat is pie and chips which is even less healthy than fried fish….. hey ho, a short life 🤭😉😂
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - now and again pie and chips is fine, I am sure, and, yes, f&cs do taste better by the sea, sitting in your beach hut, watching the children play and the waves splash in.

      Delete
  4. As Harvey grew up with his Mom practicing the no meat on Friday old tradition of the Catholic faith, I have more or less continued that. We do not necessarily have fish on a Friday, but we do go meatless on most of them. Once in awhile I order a pizza, but that is perhaps 6 times a year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like meatless days too - not necessarily Fridays but as a general thing. There are so many healthy options nowadays and fish can be so expensive. xx

      Delete
  5. Mike's Mum was a Catholic so they usually had fish on Friday. We love fish and chips but it's only a treat. Last night we had salmon and salad.......Good hey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to as children (in the 1950s and 60s) because that's when the fish van came to the village.
      Salmon and salad sounds delicious! xx

      Delete