Morning, everyone! It's the weekend, a few days of comparative rest for some and the sun is ashining brightly.
Thanks very much for all the fish and chips/fish on Friday comments - they were interesting.
I got a real shock when I stepped on those scales yesterday at Slimming World. I went, thinking that a maintain would be areal win but, somehow, not quite sure how, I lost two and a half pounds. That cheered me up no end.
When I got home, I had a message from Beth. She needed to be round here for one of those eye things where you dilate the pupils first and couldn't drive afterwards. So I took here, brought her back to mine and she stayed around until her vision settled again. It was a good opportunity for a chat and she took some tomatoes with her - three cheers.
While we were waiting in the eye clinic, I got out my Kindle to read some more KCSIE, telling Beth what I was doing. A lady opposite up laughed and said she'd ploughed through it at the beginning of September and then the new, considerably changed version was published mid-Septemberso she's now having to read it all through again. Poor lady!
Anyway, I am on the appendices now so nearly there.
I took just a few garden photos yesterday:
The middle bed, the flower bed is looking just like a country cottage garden - crowded and loaded with colour. Just what I want it to look like. Not the best photo, I know, but you get the idea.And I am looking up green tomato chutney recipes and saving jars!
Longer term readers might remember me getting a little fig bush, knowing that the British summer isn't long or warm enough to produce fruit that has time to ripen.
However - just look what I noticed. Two ripe, nicely squidgy figs! Yay.
I knew there was a reason why I bought some Serrano ham this week - not quite prosciutto but it'll do. And while I don't have goats' cheese, I do have some real feta.
Guess what lunch is today!
Hoping your day is good too. xx



No comments:
Post a Comment