Saturday, 19 September 2026

Saturday, 19-09-26

Morning, everyone.  Welcome to Saturday's blog.

We had the best time at Aqua Springs yesterday - in an understated way.  We didn't have any packages or treatments although there's plenty on offer, we just went for the joy of relaxing  in warm bubbles, steam rooms, saunas, etc.  Beth had had a stressful couple of weeks - nothing bad, just things ramping up temporarily - and she very much needed some chilled time.
We chatted, soaked, relaxed, had a nice lunch of cheesy jacket potato and salad, coffee before we left and it was just lovely!

I got a bit of a shock when I drew my curtains back this morning.

This is the view across my garden, back of next door's house to the right, corner of garden room, the dividing fence and two trees which are outside my neighbours' boundary on the other side.  So there's trees on a small slope, a road and the countryside.
Yesterday morning the view was of solid leaves from side to side, meeting in the middle and cutting down significantly on my neighbours' light and a bit on mine too (but not that bad).
As they are on council land, they're not GT and T's responsibility but they were not only greatly impacting on light but also there were branches dangerously close to the corner of their house.
Obviously, yesterday, it was their turn for the chop!  I didn't notice yesterday because I didn't look out when I got home.

Poor trees - what a massacre!  However, they will recover in a few years.  It's happened before and five years later you would never have known.  In the meanwhile, we will enjoy the extra light and an enhanced country view.
And there won't be any leaves to sweep up this autumn!

There's absolutely nothing in the diary over this week.  I have the usual stuff - bread to make, washing, drying and ironing, meal planning, etc, but I've started off with a cafetiere of good coffee rather than just a mug and I'm going to chill.
Later on, I will work on the last bit of the Spain recount but that will be fun to remember.  It'll probably go up tomorrow.

Hoping you have a lovely weekend too.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment