Wednesday 30 August 2023

Wednesday, 30-08-23

Good morning, everyone.  How can it possibly be the penultimate day of August, eh?  September in two days' time.  Mind you, new month, new budget!  Nice!

I'm trying to think what I did yesterday.  Obviously nothing terribly memorable!  I got all the ironing done - sheets, mattress protectors, etc - with only minimal discomfort so I was pleased about that.  Today looks like being fine; not terribly warm but dry and sunny with a bit of a breeze and perfect for drying so I've got two loads I want to get done.  One is a very hot wash of tea towels and wiping cloths so I will start them off soon and by the time I get back from PT, they will be ready to go out.

PT?  Personal Training and, yes, I have a shorter session this morning, focusing on exercises to help and strengthen my back and some massage.  It should all help tremendously.  It's the only exercise class I have this week and Lindsey is away next week so these are exercises that I will be able to do every day until classes resume second week in September.  At least, that is the intention.

Remember those hexagonal granny 'squares'.  I ended up making a shawl with them, the sort of thing you can slip over your shoulders as the evenings get cooler and it's been jolly useful this last week as the evenings start cooling down.  So useful that, in fact, I am also making a lap blanket, another of your suggestions, as well.  I've had to buy white yarn which is the edging that ties it all together but it should be very useful so I don't mind.
Mind you, I will look like Red Riding Hood's granny all blanketed up but I don't care - there's no one there to see, after all.
So I can get on with those too.

At some point I will re-start my slightly busier life, probably next week as I have two lunch dates with friends (Suze, I will be emailing you) as well as the usual stuff.  Looking forward to that as these last two weeks have been rather dull and sad really.

Take care, everyone, and have a splendid day.  xx

17 comments:

  1. Both a shawl and lap blanket will be lovely to snuggle into and yet easy to throw off if you get a bit too warm. I have a quilted lap blanket and love it.
    I look forward to your email. Any news on Peter?
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, none, sadly. I know cats can return after quite long spells away but it's so hard on Beth and Alex at the moment.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I hope Peter finds his way home again, soon!
    I crocheted myself a lap blanket from all the odds and ends of yarn I had in my stash and finished it last week! I did large granny squares and used up just about all the yarn I had! Then...I bought myself some new yarn! Wool to knit sweaters for myself and my daughter. :)
    Hope your back continues to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New yarn - ooooh, lovely. I was sorely tempted by a pattern and yarn the other day but managed to resist. For now, anyway!
      I love a knitted or crochet blanket. Not elegant but lovely and rustic and so useful in the colder weather. I'm sure yours looks lovely. xx

      Delete
  3. Keeping warm is important and it doesn't matter what you look like at home. Mind you, my mother-in-law was always dressed up to the nines, ready for unexpected eventualities. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is mother in laws for you! I am not one so there's no need. :-) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your back is slowly on the mend. It's so inconvenient when you have to do everything gingerly. I'm at the stage where I don't care what I look like in my own house as long as I'm warm enough. Take me as you find me is the current mood! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm is very important, especially as it gets colder. I think I must get out my warmer duvet soon.
      And thank you. xx

      Delete
  5. Having problems with publishing comments today! Sorry Peter the cat is still missing x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger can be a right pain sometimes - and thank you. xx

      Delete
  6. Shawls are so useful. I love granny squares. Enjoy your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very useful, especially when the evenings turn a bit chilly. THanks, Stephanie. xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear that Peter is still missing. You are going to be so cosy with all your blankets and shawls this Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats, Sue. I love the thought of being so cosy snuggled under things I have made myself. It just feels so homey. xx

      Delete