Monday 14 August 2023

Monday, 14-08-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's just turned five and it is still dark.  I suppose it is to be expected - we are almost two thirds of the way through the year but it still comes as a bit of a surprise.

Thank you all very much for your good wishes for Alex.  He is fine now and seems remarkably unmarked apart from a bruise on his forehead where he hit Beth's bedroom door as he fell.  Even the backs of his hands and his arms where they tried to take blood are unbruised and he said nothing ached.  That's very good.
I showed him how to use the monitor (which I have left with him for now) and his BP is in the normal range now.  Phew.
I think the worst bit will be trying to get an appointment with the GP this morning as requested by the doctor who treated him at A&E.
A great relief all round and now a new week starts.  

It's a busy-ish day today.  I plan to go plum picking at Lathcoats first thing this morning as it's the only nine to ten slot I have free all week.  Then it's home for breakfast before going to Shimmy Studio for family circuits.  I'll be back there again later in the afternoon for personal training.
In between those two sessions, I will have lunch, process any plums I pick and generally get the house in order after the weekend.  There's enough there to keep me out of trouble for the day, I think, and after two fitness sessions, I ought to sleep well tonight!

Have a lovely Monday, everyone, whatever your plans.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Getting a GP appointment is a lottery - good luck to Alex. I have a mental picture of hundreds of people, fingers poised over telephone keypads at 8:30 (or whenever the 'phone lines open} only to be told 'you are number 78 in line'. I sometimes wonder if the numbers are carried over from the previous day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go down to the surgery claiming hearing disability and not using phones and ask face to face. But I hardly ever need to do this. xx

      Delete
  2. I hope that your plum picking is productive! It’s wet and dismal here in not so sunny Devon! Have a good day 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't. When I drew the curtains, it was raining and I would have got soaked picking plums - all that water dripping down from the leaves. I'll see if there are any times I can book later in the week. Us oldies don't have to book between nine and day on weekdays but once the strawberries are over, there are usually plenty of slots going. xx

      Delete
  3. Gosh sorry to hear about Alex, I'm just having a catch up around blogland. Mentioning that an A&E doctor has asked you to make a surgery appointment usually means you get one without too much fuss. Fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it all quickly.

    There would be no fruit picking here for me, not even my own rhubarb from the garden as it is absolutely chucking it down ... there, a proper Manchester phrase for you. The animals are all snoring from my living room glad not to have to go out in it for once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue and let's hope so. It count be Just One Of Those Things, of course, but better to know than not.
      I use that phrase too - I think it stems back to Derbyshire childhood days. Maybe it is a Midlands thing. It's very descriptive anyway!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about Alex’ fainting spell-no matter how old they are, we worry about them. Hope he can see a GP as requested although the A andE and out of hours service must know the difficulty when they advise this. Take care of yourself today and don’t overdo things. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has, thanks. There were not problems at all, thankfully. x

      Delete
  5. I'm glad Alex is feeling much better. I hope he manages to secure an early appointment and that he continues to improve.
    I'm sorry that your plum picking has had to be postponed. If it's any consolation, it's pouring with rain here as well. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had some sunshine but it's raining again here too. Not the nicest day ever but never mind.
      Yes, Alex has his appointment without any problems, thanks. xx

      Delete
  6. Great news Alex is feeling better. Hoping he remains in good health henceforth. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen. Me too, very definitely! xx

      Delete