Wednesday 2 August 2023

Wednesday, 02-08-23

Morning, everyone.  After quite a pleasant day yesterday, I have woken to a very dismal view from the window.  A very dismal forecast from the Beeb too, see . . .


Oh, well . . .

Yesterday was a good day.  Groove was great fun and there were loads of people there.  During the summer weeks, Lindsey is running a sort of 'drop in' system and, as Groove continues at the Hall, not the Studio, numbers are higher.  There were people there I have never done a class with but who I recognise from the Potters weekend, which was nice.

After breakfast, I drove off to do my food shop.  Chris is still not very well so I had a few things to get for here as well.  Once that was done and all put away, I did some gardening and, noticing that the lower leaves on the tomatoes were looking bedraggled and stopping the sun (I know - what sun?) - OK, light - getting to the fruit, I cut them back up to the first truss.  It also helps the plant to dry off more quickly after rain; blight is an ever present danger when it is mild and damp.  
I wonder if Blightwatch is still operating.  Must check.

Today, I m having an early (for me) breakfast and then driving over to Diane's, and we are going to Freeport, a shopping outlet fairly close to her.  We'll have lunch there, of course, and we want to look around an 'outdoor' shop with a view to considering what we could get for our Christmas jolly.
And I want to get my ears pierced.  I had them done ages ago, decades, in fact, but stopped wearing my studs and they closed up.  There's a 'Claire's' in the centre and they might be able to do me today.  If not, I can go back, no problem.
Isn't that frivolous?  :-)

I have no idea how long we will be out but I doubt I'll do anything else today apart from the necessaries.  A shame the forecast is so bad but maybe it will keep the crowds away.  

Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Yes grotty weather for us today. Hope you are able to find suitable things for your fabulous upcoming winter trip whilst at Freeport, plus of course getting your ears re-done! Wrap up warm - I find Freeport can be so cold and blustery when the wind blows and the sun isn't shining! As you say it is probably a good day to go!
    Enjoy,
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly isn't a trainers day - I'm digging out my ankle boots!
      Thanks for the hint - I will go prepared! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. We have thunder warnings all day today - what fun! Enjoy your browsing and - hopefully - purchasing. Good luck with the ear-piercing! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've only been to Freeport once before which is daft when it is comparatively close by so I am looking forward to it.
      xx

      Delete
  3. If asked my opinion I wouldn't choose Claire's for ear piercing. I have heard that the staff are not properly trained and they use a gun that pushed the earring through the ear instead of a gun that removes a bit of ear which apparently is better. It is better to go to a tattoo/piercing type place or a jewellers. Enjoy your trip to Freeport. deb from essex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops - too late. It was fine, didn't hurt and I'm happy with what I've got. Thanks for the warning though, Deb. xx

      Delete
  4. I had my ears pierced again at a local jewellers at my 70th birthday as I had not worn earrings whilst on holiday and they had closed up-40 years to the day since I first had them done! Agree about not using Claires as our local one doesn’t have a good reputation. Enjoy your shopping trip. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Deb, too late. I'm home again now with after care insructions. :-) xx

      Delete
  5. ops sorry !! deb from essex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Really not a problem . . . I appreciate you saying, thanks for that. They feel fine so that's good. xx

      Delete
  6. I have often thought about getting my ears done again. Like you I stopped wearing earrings and the holes closed right up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I have had them re-done. I have big plans for Christmas earrings now lol.
      Seriously, I am really pleased about it although I do need to find a couple more pairs of simple studs to ring the changes when I can remove the ones I have in.
      xx

      Delete