Monday 28 August 2023

Monday, 28-08-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's started sunny again, just like it did over the weekend.  Today looks to be fine all through the day, according to the BBC, which is perfect for a Bank Holiday Monday.

Thank you all for your concern re moving the mattresses around.  I know it sounded rather counter productive but I took it very slowly, thought each stage through and used quite a lot of knee power which was surprisingly effective.  All thanks to Lindsey for working with me to improve all round strength these past years and all thanks too to my lovely Mum and Dad who treated me to lovely posh mattresses so they would be comfortable when they came to stay over.
My bedroom is done.  The guest room has a mattress leaning against the wall and later on in the week I will get that back on the bed.  I want to see if changing the mattresses makes any difference so no point doing any more straight away.  
If necessary, I can ask the lovely cleaners to just lift the mattress onto the bed for me - I am sure they will be OK about doing that and it will take two of them seconds.

I took ibuprofen straight afterwards, just in case and because, yes, it was aching (but no more than before I started) and I took some more before I went round to Beth's to help with a leaflet drop because Peter has gone missing again, pesky cat!

And I woke up this morning after a good night on the 'new' mattress with a totally pain free back!  There is just the slightest hint that there's been something wrong and that I must still be careful but such a difference.
Is it the new mattress, is it the gentle exercise I took yesterday (moving the mattress and the walk around Beth's area), is it that the ibuprofen dealt with some residual inflammation or is is just One of Those Things?  Who knows, but I am extremely thankful.

I'm still being careful though.  I'm not doing any fitness classes this week except for a shorter personal training if Lindsey can fit me in (it's been Mondays through the summer holiday but it's Bank Holiday today) involving some careful stretches and back strengthening plus some massage, if she thinks it appropriate (she has been trained in all this) and next week she is on Holiday so I have two weeks without classes which sounds just fine to me.

And I'm going to stop rabbiting on about it now, having bored you all to tears with it last week!

Today I need to finish off my bedding - I washed it but left it in the machine when it started raining and then pretty much forgot about it.  So it will need another quick wash before I get it all out on the line.

Beth's going to let me know if she needs me to help with more leaflets.  There's nothing on Messenger so I am guessing Peter is not home yet and she will appreciate some help.

I might do a bit of baking.  I want to make some pizza pases that I can half cook and freeze so they are there when wanted.  Thermione will do most of that though!

And I need to do some gentle and careful tidying up as things got a bit messy last week.

And that is that.  How are you spending your Bank Holiday Monday, feasting, fasting or asleep (to misquote a rhyme).  Have a good one, anyway.  xx


12 comments:

  1. Mega vibes that Peter finds his way back home soon, it's been a while! Beth and Alex must be frantic with worry.
    Good to hear your back is improving steadily. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was last Thursday when the workman spooked him and he ran away. Ages. xx

      Delete
  2. Cats can be such a worry. They're so small they can get in anywhere. I hope Peter turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pesky cat ... he's a little wanderer for sure!

    I'm glad you managed the mattress, carefully ... we should have had more faith in your sensibilities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - well, I wasn't sure myself but I did think a firmer mattress would help and decided I'd take it an inch at a time, if necessary. I still have the guest room to sort out but that can wait. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, I hope Peter shows up soon.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, sadly. It's so hard for Beth and Alex. xx

      Delete
  5. You did awesome with the mattress exchange. Slow and steady.

    I hope the cat is found very soon. so troubling to have a fur baby wonder off.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow and steady every time, absolutely ! Thanks, Jackie. xx

      Delete
  6. I am glad to hear that the change of mattress is helping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It seems to have made a big difference. So pleased. xx

      Delete