Wednesday 12 January 2022

Wednesday

 Morning, everyone!  What a good night's sleep I have had.  I woke once overnight, my bladder not being what it was, but managed to get straight off again and it was light before I came to again.  I feel so, so much better this morning!  And, just to add to it, we have sun this morning.  Sun and a good frost that makes everything look brighter.

I got loads achieved yesterday.  It started off with a food shop in M&S and Aldi, quite a big one (for me) after using up Christmas leftovers, etc.  Goodness, aren't the basics expensive nowadays.  I suppose we will get used to it in time but even so . . .

Once home and with everything sorted out and put away, I had breakfast, sat down and promptly dropped off for a short time.  When I came to, I went up and started in on the tip that is the blue room.  Several hours and two mini accidents later (bumped head and bruised knuckle), all was done.  The Christmas things are now away neatly and logically, there's both shelf and hanging space for visitors to put their stuff and both beds are made up.  Mind you, I hadn't quite realised how manky some of the pillows are so I have ordered some new ones from Amazon which should arrive before the weekend.  Did you know that pillows costing over £100 each - EACH - was even a thing?  No, I didn't, I went for middle range ones and am hoping they will be OK.

I've just realised the one thing I didn't do was sort out the bedding.  Not to worry, it can go on the list.  When I do get round to it, I also need to think about 'upgrading' some of it.  It's really the blue room - one bed has a single duvet and the other has a double duvet - Beth and I both prefer doubles, me since divorce days when I took most of the bedding with me and that included the double duvet which I used on my single bed.  I'm thinking I will get another double for the other bed, keep the single in case and either get new covers for both or use the plain white ones I pretty much always use.   But that's all for the future and needs thinking about and looking around first.

Then I went into my room and gave my clothes a proper sort out, discarding any I haven't worn.  Inevitably, this included some of the clothes that were Mum's and it was all a bit emotional at times, but it had to be done so I'm glad I did it.  There's now several black bags to take to the Sally Army drop off point.

That took pretty much all day but needed doing and it's a relief to have done it.

Today I'm taking it easier.  There's a few more things on the list but they depend on other people doing something first so that's OK.  My bedroom still needs attention and the kitchen drawers could do with a bit of a sort out but, generally, things are good.  I have personal training around midday so I think I will stay in PJs until I need to change into my gym wear.  I might then go on to the-shop-that-used-to-be-Wyvale (I can never remember what it is called now) as I need to buy a few gifts and that's a good place to find 'pretty' things.  That's about it really - the rest is the usual bits and bobs things that happen all the time.

I'm so glad Cherie and Diane are both feeling so much better now - Rachel, I hope you are improving too.   Love to everyone - have a good day and keep safe.  xx

24 comments:

  1. We had sun first thing but a thick fog has now descended and we cannot see beyond the end of our garden. I live in Wilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather forecast mentioned fog in places, I remember. Hopefully, you don't have to go out!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Joy have a good day we have sun too

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely bright crisp day here too, doesn't it make you feel better when it's not raining and dreary.

    I have a double duvet on my 4ft bed and it gives just the right amount of overhang so there are no drafts, so I think having a larger duvet than bed size is always a good idea. Perhaps you could turn your soon to be redundant single duvet into a nice quilt by covering it and then stitching through all the layers to make it feel thick and cosy. Great for tv watching on chilly nights or using to top a bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant idea!! Instead of stitching through, I could button fasten it - I have loads and loads of buttons from Mum - like an eiderdown.

      Yes, bright weather is so cheering!
      xx

      Delete
    2. That would be a lovely way to use some of your Mum's buttons, perhaps all your favourites or simply mis-matched ones. And if you're anything like me it's something to twiddle with while you watch television. :-)

      Delete
    3. Good point. Yes, I am a bit of a twiddler!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hooray for sunshine this morning!
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's staying around too. It's been a super day so far, thanks. I hope yours is going well too.
      xx

      Delete
  5. We have sunshine here too and I too have a redundant single duvet but I do like the idea of using it as a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. A pleasure. I really hope things are looking up for you both. xx

      Delete
  7. Wishing I could do a food shop at M&S! After a major snow storm here early last week (and extended power outages meaning people--including me--had to throw out a lot of fridge/freezer items), the grocery store shelves have been very bare. And I do mean bare. When I (tried) shopping Monday there was no meat, no dairy, no produce. Glad I have a decently stocked larder. Snow expected again this weekend, so hoping a few deliveries have been made in the last day or so. The news is not encouraging as it seems to be impacting a wide area and may be a prolonged issue. Just shows you what we sometimes take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Mary, we do indeed take a lot for granted. I'm very glad you have plenty in the larder and can manage over time.
      Take care and I hope they are wrong about the snow.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Thanks Joy. I'm going to be using up Christmas leftovers for quite some time yet so have no need to go shopping. Having the veggie garden is a big help too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending {hugs}. It's an emotional experience when the decluttering and sorting involves a loved one's possessions. I hope you are feeling better about it now that you've finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. I know you understand. xx

      Delete
  10. Sunshine here too.It so lifts the spirits and I bought my first bunch of daffodils this year so I suppose it has been a yellow day.
    I had a dreadful night,waking every hour and not being able to get back to sleep.
    I buy pillows from Asda and then I just replace them if they get manky.I would never pay £100.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor would I but I do wonder what is so amazing about it that it should cost so much. Presumably some people will pay that much.
      xx

      Delete
  11. Sounds like quite a busy day! Glad you managed to get some sleep - that always makes you feel a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes an enormous difference, doesn't it? Thanks.
      xx

      Delete