Monday 3 January 2022

Monday (really!)

 Yes, I am sure it's Monday today!  Phew.

Good morning all.  I have had the most amazing night's sleep, coming round about quarter past seven and emerging from my room just before eight.  I wasn't late to bed yesterday either.  I can't remember the last time I slept so late - definitely a lie-in for me!

Yesterday was another muddled-weather day with a right mix.  I saw on Beeb that something was blowing up and might hit us late afternoon - wind and rain - but I can't say I particularly noticed anything.  The only thing I noticed was that it did seem to get colder through the day although it doesn't feel particularly chilly now.


Yesterday's Twelve Days present was a really nice notebook, narrow lined.  I love a good notebook and the cover is so pretty - marbled with a bit of gold foiling.

I wonder what I will use it for.







I didn't get any Christmas clearing done (my heart really is not in it) but I totally blitzed the washing, drying and ironing through the day.  There's a little bit more ironing to do of items that hadn't quite dried enough and I will get that done first thing this morning after I have bathed and got dressed.  

All the bedding is clean, dry, ironed (yes, I iron bedding, I can't imagine not) and now I can pack up the Christmas bedding and get it up high until next December.
I really must go through all my bedding - some of it is getting very tatty now and could probably do with being replaced.  Maybe that should go on the list of mini-projects for this year - I'll pop it in the diary.

Apart from that, I caught up with the Christmas University Challenge with great enjoyment.  Miles Jupp is a very clever chap, isn't he, as well as being very funny.
I pretty much got the turkey sorted and now there are sundry pots of this and that in the freezer.  I have one more turkey based meal planned for this evening (risotto) and some  turkey bits to wrap and freeze or maybe to give to Beth for her cats before getting back to normal again.

Today is punctuated by circuit training which is why I KNOW it is Monday!
Before then I want to get the ironing finished and everything put away which means sorting the bedding out a bit.
I ought to have started tuition again today but the mum contacted me to ask if we could leave it until next week and I was very happy to agree.

Thinking about that inspires me to do another clothes sort out.  There are clothes I don't think I have worn all year, including some of the garments that were Mum's and which I took for sentimental reasons.  I think I am ready for that now after nearly three years.

So - better get going.  It is later than I thought.  That's the trouble with sleeping in.  
I hope you've had a really good weekend with plenty of good things.  Be happy, stay safe and warm and enjoy your day.  xx








21 comments:

  1. I haven't ironed anything for years, I even sold my ironing board at a car boot sale a couple of years ago. I do have a little steamer thingy for emergencies, but it's not seen the light of day since I moved into the last flat.

    I love your notebook, and that is something I should add to my list of 'things not to buy during 2022' ... I LOVE stationery, but I do have more than enough to see me through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh! No ironing at all?

      lol - maybe you should - they can be quite addictive, I think.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Nope ... no ironing at all. All my clothes and bedding are hung on the airer as soon as I get them out of the washing machine and then folded neatly once dry and put away carefully. I have stopped buying anything that would need more upkeep than that.

      Delete
  2. I'm another Sue who does no ironing! Neither of us wears anything that needs ironing really, and I don't bother ironing bedding. I do still have my iron and board just in case we go to a wedding or something, and I need to dig out, wash and iron our 'fancy' clothes! Yes that notebook is lovely, right up my street. I'm a sucker for nice notebooks too, fortunately I have several unused ones in a drawer so won't need to buy any for a while! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you mean 'unfortunately'? < grin >

      I actually quite like ironing, especially now I've lost the weight. It gets me on my feet and is a sort of exercise and I love smoothing over the fabric.

      Maybe I'm losing my marbles!
      xx

      Delete
  3. This is the year when I intend to go through my wardrobe with a fine toothed comb. Anything I'm not totally delighted with is going to the charity shop. Someone else might love it. I'm not refilling any empty spaces either but will enjoy the empty space.. if there is one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Cherie. If you don't wear it, someone else can benefit from it, I am sure.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm with the no ironing gang! I only get the iron out as a last resort and choose clothes that don't need ironing.

    Hope your clothes decluttering goes well. It'll be emotional even though you feel ready to let your Mum's clothes go, so I hope you'll be okay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be in a minority, lol.
      Thanks. I didn't start it yesterday but it is on The List!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I thought it was Tuesday today, I feel its been a long weekend! We did stop ironing bedding, but then I thought it didn't feel as comfortable and as Dh does it, he was happy too, as he likes doing it.. I'm trying to exercise in some form each day, mostly walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey has set us Monday Circuiters a challenge for next week which is good because it will make me do a bit of exercise each day!

      Delete
  6. I don't iron much, my bedding goes back on the bed the same day as I just have the one set. In winter the flat sheet dries over the shower rail and the fitted sheet hangs over the window in the laundry room. My house is very dry when the furnace is on so everything dries very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I have too much really although it used to be for four beds (three now).
      I tend to dry the sheets on the line when I can and a quick iron over makes them beautifully smooth and soft. Lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I admire you for ironing your bedding. I'm afraid I have never done that. I'm sure it feels wonderful to lay down on ironed sheets, though! We woke up to snow today and it has been so pretty! The snow came on the heels of rain so is very thick and coated the trees and rooftops in a lovely way. We lost power for several hours but, luckily, the roads weren't bad and we could get out to warm up and have a bite to eat. Hope the rest of your day has gone well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely - the sheets are so smooth and inviting! :-)

      How nice to have some snow. Around here (a bit north east of London) we rarely get moch in the ways of snow and the last few years have been pathetic. I have to admit, I do like a snowfall, especially at first when it is fresh and clean.
      xx

      Delete
  8. I can remember Mom ironing bedding, bras, and jeans!! I don't iron those but I do iron certain tops, all dress pants and skirts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I get older, I iron more. Not underwear and certainly not things like socks but pretty much everything else.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I used to iron EVERYTHING!. Now I do iron things when it is absolutely necessary, like some of my work clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite - when working, if there was something that looked OK, I wouldn't bother but now I have the time, I iron more - but have less to iron anyway than a lot of people.
      xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely notebook. I must admit notebooks are a weakness of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very addictive, aren't they?
      xx

      Delete