Friday 7 January 2022

Friday

 Good morning !   Brrr, it was so cold yesterday morning.  By the time I needed to leave to go into town, the frost had gone but I was very glad of my warm coat and gloves.  Also, the mask does keep ones nose nice and cosy!  Right now it is cold but not icy, dry but wet underfoot and I can see the stars.  Quite pleasant for January.

Yesterday was interesting.  I turned up at Specsavers fifteen minutes early and was taken into the waiting area where I thought I would check my phone while I was waiting.  There was a message for me, from them, dated five minutes earlier (how useful!!) saying there were problems and please could I phone (!!!!???? argh) to reschedule.  Well, obviously, I was there, hadn't been turned away and was just wondering what was going on when a young man I hadn't seen before came out of the consulting room, ushered me in, sat me down and explained that the audiologist hadn't been able to come in 'for family reasons' but he was a trainee audiologist and, if I didn't object, he could take a look at my aid and see if he could help.

Absolutely fine by me.

So he checked, changed the wire from the aid to the ear piece and lo and behold, it whistled beautifully!  All sorted.  Fantastic.  I discussed with him about getting a new pair and he said someone would text me with a few dates.
And he apologised - they had been trying to phone me on Thursday and it wasn't until Friday that anyone checked and saw I wasn't to be phoned.  Ho hum!
I was very impressed with him, he was nice, efficient, well spoken and, best of all, he sorted out my aid.  What's not to like (except for the phoning, I guess)?

Before that, earlier in the morning, I had a really good online chat with Chris and we're hoping, all being well, to be able to meet up next week - but we will see.

The Christmas tree is still up.  By the time I got home from town at three and had finished a very late lunch, I just couldn't be bothered!  I'm leaving it now until Saturday or Sunday when I have clear days.  However, I have started sorting out my clothes and have a bag of redundant t shirts to pop in the Sally Army collecting point at some point soon.

Today starts with Slimming World and then I'll be home checking that it's tidy enough for the cleaners.  
I might take a drive to Matalan, just to see what they have there and maybe I can pop into HomeSense at the same time, just or the fun of it.  I do like looking around HomeSense.

So a nice, easy day with not too much stuff going on.  I hope yours goes well too.  Stay safe and warm and, to all of you suffering with Covid or other nasties, take care and I'm sending over healing vibes.  xx

20 comments:

  1. Someone needs to write TEXT NOT PHONE in red letters on their information page!
    But I'm glad you got sorted out. I've not heard of Home sense but it seems your store in chelmsford is the nearest to me except cambridge so that's why I've never been in one.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's linked to TK Maxx - we have one of them too but on a different site.

      Yes, someone does! I live in hope, being an optimist!
      xx

      Delete
  2. They definintely need to have a note on your records to text and not phone, if they can't get it right who can!!

    One thing I'm loving already about my new Challenge is that I can't go to the shops as I can't spend, so no temptation or urge to even go to the shops, which in this bloody awful weather is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very good. Do you think it will get harder as the year progresses?
      xx

      Delete
    2. In a very strange way, I hope so ... it's not Challenging if it doesn't!!

      Delete
  3. Glad you ended up well treated despite the odd hiccups. My hearing aid is about as useful as the telephones made with two tins and a piece of string. Do all kids make those or am I just showing my age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yours is an NHS one, is it? To be honest, I'm very glad I am lucky enough to go private.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Well it worked out in your favour so your hearing aid is mended which is great for you, but so frustrating that they can't grasp that a phone call isn't a suitable means of communication for you. You'd think an audiology department would know better!

    Did you by any goodies today? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think so, wouldn't you. I did make that point after the fracas before with the other aid. I am used to it though - there are very few 'bigger' companies that provide much of an alternative.

      I did but not much. I found some sugar free apricot jam and I got two jars of peppers.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you got the hearing aid sorted and thanks for the healing vibes. I'm sorely in need of them today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm extremely sorry to read this. It's biting at last, is it? Nasty, horrible thing.
      Maybe today (Saturday) will be loads better.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Excellent news on the hearing aid fix. As for them phoning you...you'd think that if someone made a hearing aid repair appointment, common sense would tell them to text you, not call. But then common sense (for some) seems to be in short supply these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ever was so with all but the most obvious disability issues, sadly.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Oh dear, I have to say that people who supply hearing aids surely ought to work on the assumption that many of their clients can't use the phone! Good that your trainee was so helpful though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, exactly. Can't or are too worried to after bad experiences connected with not hearing accurately enough.
      xx

      Delete
  8. That's great the young man could help you out. Do the workers not read instructions...

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is the default nowadays and they don't necessarily have time to check.
      He did seem very on the ball regarding the basics anyway.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Great news! Glad you were able to get things taken care of.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge relief, I have to say, such a good feeling!
      Thanks, Sharon - you too.
      xx

      Delete