Thursday 6 January 2022

Thursday

Good morning again, everyone.  It's another cold start to the day; we have obviously had a very cold night but it is due to warm up soon and we might get rain (not snow) later on today. 

Well, I trundled into town yesterday just after nine and walked to Specsavers (where the audiologist is centred) to make an appointment.  You are 'seen' at the door and the very pleasant young lady gave me a card and asked me to phone (argh)!  I explained my difficulty with using the phone and she was great - took my name and contact info and said someone would get back to me.  When I checked my phone just before going into Lindsey's, there was a message for me.  It seems that someone had cancelled their appointment for today so I'm going back in for one thirty.  I'm happy with that.  Whether it can be repaired there and then or whether it will need to be sent away, I will find out this afternoon.

My brain seems to have adjusted to the older hearing aid and it's much more comfortable today.  Also, thank goodness, I was able to tune it into the mini loop system for the telly yesterday evening.  Much better and goodness knows what I was doing wrong the day before.  

On the way back to the car, I popped into M&S and bought a few bits and bobs, nothing very exciting, and then into Lakeland where I treated myself to a 'crinkle cutter', the tool that cuts crinkle chips and veg, etc.  It's a good, large, sharp tool so I'm looking forward to having pretty chips next time they are on the plan.

Personal training was great.  Lindsey's pushing me just that little bit each time and it was a very invigorating time.  I always feel great afterwards - all those endomorphy-thingies floating around, I suppose.




I've just opened the last Twelve Days present.  It's not clear on the photo but it's fruity-type infusions:  lemongrass and ginger, peppermint and peppermint and liquorice.  I'm drinking much more of this sort of thing nowadays so these will go down a treat.





Pretty much all the Christmas stuff has now been cleared apart from the tree itself so that's the big job for today.  I have an online chat with Chris (she and Steve are isolating this week because they are going to see a vulnerable person over the weekend) and then I have the audiology appointment early afternoon.  That should give me plenty of time but I do feel sad that all the twinkle and sparkle has finished for another eleven months.  That corner is going to look rather dull for a while, I think.
I might pop into M&M as it's on one of the routes home from town.  See if they have anything in the sale although I bet they don't.

Take care, everyone, stay safe and look after yourselves.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, I too will tackle the tree today if I feel up to it. Will blog later but oh my I am proper poorly. I love the flavoured teas but cannot abide the licorice ones. But I do love a licorice all sort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no. I'm very sorry to read this. Is it Covid?
      I don't think I have ever had a liquorice based tea so I'm looking forward to trying it - I like aniseed so we will see.
      Take care and get well soon.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm really glad you have got such a quick appointment to sort out your hearing aids AND that you managed to link to the TV okay last night, it's funny how things don't seem to work one day and then do the next isn't it. I never know whether to blame myself or blame the technology ... I think I would blame the technology every time 😃🤣

    Ooh crinkle cut chips, I remember my mum buying a cutter that did that from an Ideal Home show when I was small, we thought our wavy chips were the bee's knees. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is odd, yes, but it's great that it's sorted itself out. Technology can be weird!!

      The cutter is why I would be useless at a no spend - I see these things and think oooooh, yes, just what I didn't know I needed!

      Chips tomorrow evening!
      xx

      Delete
  3. You've just taken me back a gazillion years to when my dad used to make crinkle chips. He died when I was twelve and it's a nice memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is such a lovely memory. We never had anything but straight cut, home made chips made in a deep fat fryer and when Mum was using it we were always banned from the kitchen.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love liquorice and peppermint tea! I was going to deal with the tree at the weekend, last night the lights died! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear, that is very sad. Maybe you could find some more in the sales?
      I'll give one of the infusions a go later on.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love liquorice but am not supposed to have it ... it's to be avoided when taking medication for hypertension. I happily drink a liquorice infusion every day if I could.

    Good news about getting such a prompt appointment with the audiologist and I hope they get sort out your hearing aids just as quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really. Oh, drat! Maybe once in a while then but not very often. I'm glad you mentioned that, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed that the hearing aid appointment this afternoon is able to either fix your hearing aid or--at the very least--get it on its way to being fixed. So glad you were able to connect your older aid to the mini loop system. Small mercies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a big mercy, in fact. Thanks, Mary. I will Tell All in tomorrow's blog. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm glad that you are able to use the old hearing aid. Glad you got an appointment for today. I hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete