Friday 14 August 2020

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  I'm a bit later this morning and am just home from my first early morning swim in a very long while.  It was absolutely lovely!

There were only five of us there, all lane swimming, no chance for any gossip girls (it is always the women, I'm afraid) to hog half the pool as they saunter up and down, side by side, chatting their heads off.  The water was gorgeous and the safety arrangements were, I think, very good and reassuring.  I have another swim booked for Sunday and an aqua class booked for Tuesday.  You can book up to a week in advance so I much have a think about next Thursday (can't do Friday).

Tuition nearly didn't happen yesterday.  Mum messaged to say that O was refusing to come.  Now, I'm a great believer in the child actually wanting to come to my sessions, being motivated, etc, so I wasn't fussed and said no problem, no point forcing them, whereupon O decided to come after all and we had a good time together.  Something learnt about this particular student, I think!

Coffee and chat at Mel's was great.  We met up once when restrictions were lifted and gardens plus distancing was allowed but not since so there was plenty to talk about.  She let me borrow her Slimming World booklet for target members so I've been reading through that.  There's nothing rocket-sciency in it but there's a lot of helpful advice.

Late afternoon we had the last online Zoom SW meeting.  It will be nice to see people face to face again but the Zoom meetings have been good and I will miss them.  The one I will be going to is fully booked (max of 30, and includes the group leader) but I wonder how many will stay for the rest of the meeting after the weigh-in.

After some stormy weather overnight, this morning is fresh and comfortable.  It's also dull and damp but I'm not complaining.  No need to water the allotment today, although I may pop down to pick some veg at some point.  This afternoon another old friend is coming round.  A was my TA in Y1 for many years so I'm looking forward to it very much.

Have a great day, whatever the weather does, and stay safe.  xx

10 comments:

  1. We had heavy rain through the night and it's still raining this morning. It's cleared the air and at the moment is the perfect temperature for walking, just much to wet to actually go out though!

    Is five swimmers a full session now, or is there room for more? I wonder how places will keep going even with reduced attendance. It is worrying isn't it?

    I hope you enjoy your catch up with A this afternoon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Previously it was go and take pot luck and sometimes the pool would hat too crowded for a proper swim. I don't know how many are now allowed in - I'd say two per lane (so twelve) would work as long as people were sensible.
      Yes, it is worrying but, of course, people pay for a membership rather than per session so - well, fingers crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you've got your swims back now, Joy. My bike has just arrived, several days earlier than expected! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went o my first meeting and only a handful stayed of the full class of 30 booking on. We got a new 4 week journal which I'm using as I've time. Quite enjoying it too! Glad you got back swimming xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good - I love handouts. I'll be getting my certificates and shiny stickers - looking forward to that!
      I'm very surprised not many stayed given that it was the first time back. Or maybe it was being careful and trying to stay safe.
      Did you enjoy it?
      xx

      Delete
    2. I really enjoyed it and everyone was mindful of the rules and it felt safe. It was nice to meet new faces that I'd only met on zoom before plus some old friends from my original group! Also I noticed and it had me chuckling, that all of us, bar one, looked fatter in real life - all of us must have been using clever camera angles hahahaha xx I'm looking forward to going tomorrow afternoon as I've been truly on plan all week!

      Delete
  4. Is SW like Weight Watchers? I have often wondered.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is, in as much as it's a structure designed for healthy eating. Here's a link to the home page - copy and past it. https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/
      xx

      Delete
  5. Being able to swim again feels great doesn't it? There were only five of us in the pool too. Very relaxing. X

    ReplyDelete