Thursday 6 August 2020

Thursday

Good morning!

Yesterday turned out fine and sunny after a really gloomy start.  In fact, it was quite hot in the afternoon but with a lovely breeze that kept things fresh and comfortable.
.
I did the early morning tuition and I was wrong, there's another session next week before we have a break, which is absolutely fine; there's still enough in the folder to fill the time without any need for more planning/finding resources.

I've been asked to take on a younger sibling of a former student so I must be getting something right.  Mum said some very nice things which was lovely of her.

After tuition, I set to with washing machine and clothes line and now two loads have been ironed and put away again and the basket was empty.  No now, of course, with yesterday's discards in it!

After lunch I did allotment duty but didn't get any digging done as I was shattered after personal training.  Lindsey and I decided that an aim should be to improve stamina and she's doing her darndest to help me achieve that.  Definitely hard work!
I will be meeting Beth there this afternoon though and I can continue the digging while she weeds or something.

All in all, it was a really super day.

Today is fairly busy.
It starts off with a short tuition session, moves on to starting to pack for the weekend and after lunch it's allotment.  I have to be home by five for the Zoom SW meeting which should be fun.
I also need to make a shopping list for the weekend.  I always cook at Dad's and, as he doesn't always have everything I need, I get it and he refunds me.  Works for us.

Better get started then, hadn't I?
Stay safe, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely plan for the day lets hope it doesn't get too hot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to tomorrow, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. I dug up tulip bulbs yesterday - ground like concrete.
    Have a good day before tomorrows huge heat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I gave the other half a really good soaking yesterday and I will do the same again today. Hopefully that will soak down as far as I need it to and then I can turn it over. Great exercise, I suppose.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you manage to fit everything in today. Congratulations on you DTU win ... hope you enjoy it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mum cancelled the tuition session so it's an empty morning really. I will do the shopping list, next week's food plans and sort out some packing. At least it should get done.
      xx

      Delete
  4. A busy day for you, looked at your post with allotment pic and smiled I remember Essex clay! Here we have loose sandy soil, easy to work, but too dry. Enjoy your weekend with your Dad..

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual busy, busy, busy ... you put me to shame ;-)

    Is it really going to be hot again it was positively Autumnal here yesterday, I woke up to a decking full of brown leaves ... I thought perhaps I had slept for a month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounded busy but it wasn't, not really. And yes, they say it will be although I'm only thinking of the south east corner really, I don't know about north or west.
      It is August - and it's been dry. Maybe that's why the trees are shedding?
      xx

      Delete
  6. Yes - full day - just the ticket!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, it turned out not to be really. A lovely day though, really great.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your days are always so full and busy! I am tutoring a rising second grader right now and it has been fun to get back into the teaching game a bit. We are still needing to be very careful here as Covid is running rampant. My little garden is growing but since my plants are in containers I don't have to do all of the hard work you do in your allotment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always feel that my days are quite idle but I guess that's compared to my teaching days where there was rarely enough time to get everything done. At least now it's pretty much self-motivated.
      We have to be careful here too - there are areas of the country where covid is on the up again; it isn't going away and this is for the longer term, at least until there's an effective vaccine. We do what we can do and accept the restrictions for everyone's' sake, don't we?
      I hope the tutoring goes really well.
      xx

      Delete
  8. I'm going to get my ironing done soon, before it gets too hot. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a sensible thing to do!! :-)
      xx

      Delete