Wednesday 5 August 2020

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.   How are you today?

Yesterday was another lovely day.  Cool in the morning but sunny and warm in the afternoon although I gather parts of the country had quite a lot of rain on and off.

Tuition went well.  It's the last for those students for three weeks or so because of their holidays so I will be able to make an early trip to the allotment now because, when they come back, it will be term time and will have to be after school (always assuming they want to continue, that is).

I was going to the allotment before lunch but, as things worked out, I didn't go until around two thirty and spent a nice long time watering, digging over and trying to knock some of the clods into loose soil.  It's not as clay-ish as it was but nevertheless, has a tendency to stick.  I've done about half of that little patch now and will probably do the same thing again today, weather permitting.

I also harvested and came home with this.


Some of it will provide my evening meal today with some chicken and a new potato dug up last week.

Today starts with another tuition session and moved on to personal training at around midday.  Then, after lunch, I will pootle off to the allotment again for more digging, etc (grand exercise) before coming home and chilling in front of the telly.  In between these activities I will be doing two loads of washing, drying and, possibly ironing as well, although the last may be deferred until tomorrow.
It should be a good day.

Take care and be safe.  xx

I've just come back in to edit and say how much I like today's Google Doodle.  Wear your mask!

16 comments:

  1. Laid out like that your produce looks like an entry for a village show "collection of vegetables on a tray"! A winner I reckon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - it reminded me of a Miss Read book when she is describing the entries for the Fairacre flower show. In truth, the carrots and beetroots are puny specimens but I couldn't resist. They'll taste good enough, that's for sure.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I bet those veggies taste far nicer than anything you could buy in the shops. I am looking forward to harvesting my first carrots. The tops look very promising but I have yet to see what is growing in the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sown the seeds too close together so when I pulled up the biggest one, the others came up as well. They are meant to be small but not that small!!
      You will love them when you harvest them - so fresh and delicious. I like them raw in a salad.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Baby beetroot hot with butter and pepper mmmmlicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your shoulder still holding out after all the work you've been doing at the allotment? Are you doing specific exercises to strengthen it?

    You have a busy day ahead and I hope the weather holds for you ... it started out dry this morning but started raining when I was walking along the canal and it looks like it's set in for the day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very much better than it was, thanks for asking. I am still careful and sometimes it aches a bit but I wouldn't call it pain. In PT, Lindsey is very careful with the exercises and if I said it hurt, she would stop me.

      It's the opposite here; after a dull start, the sun came out and now it is glorious. There's quite a breeze though, so not uncomfortably hot.
      I'm glad you got the walk in before the rain.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your chubby little carrot, and I bet those little cucumbers are going to taste delicious ... I'm surprised they even made it home. Digging and gardening in general is so much better than being stuck in a stuffy germ invested gym isn't it.

    There's no chance of any gardening here for me at the Van, the ground is sodden after a night of very heavy rain. Even poor little Suky had to wear her jacket for this mornings doggy walk, she was not impressed with the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ever so much better out in the fresh air, surrounded by life. It's really lovely.
      I'm sorry you're still getting rain. It has to clear sometime.
      xx

      Delete
  6. More tray art :) I was going to pull up some beetroot for a salad this evening, but with the weather dark and rainy I feel like having pasta instead. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a nice way to display my goodies. :-)
      Enjoy your pasta!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, you are such an excellent gardener! That's terrific. I am doing a load of washing today, too. The weather's gorgeous, and it will dry quickly in the hot sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the gardening but I'm not terribly knowledgeable about it all. My Dad though - he really does know what's what around the garden. Maybe I've absorbed a bit from him. :-)
      Thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Bounty from the garden. Love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete