Sunday 9 August 2020

Sunday

Morning, everyone.
Yesterday was supposed to be a scorcher, even more so than Friday, but it wasn't.
Yes, it was pretty warm, but there was a gentle breeze most of the time and it never felt humid or uncomfortable in any way, not around here.  As for the expected 'hot and humid' night, it was cool and pleasant and I stayed under the quilt and slept like a log.

I spent some time yesterday sorting out my tuition timetable for the new term (fingers crossed there's no covid interruptions)  and I think it is more or less sorted - I'm just hoping the last time matches the last student.  I have absolutely no spaces left whatsoever now, I'm not going to take on any more.  As it's all after school, it doesn't interfere with daytime activities which is good.

Picking runner beans is always a pleasant activity and there were loads.  The row is just a bit too high for me to reach the top ones so Dad is going to do that this morning.  Plenty for dinner and some for the freezer.  I expect Beth has been picking back at the allotment too and mine will start next weekend, judging by their size.  They, and the tomatoes, are loving this hot weather.
It's just as well we all love runner beans, isn't it?

Today's plans are pretty much more of the same except for Beth and Alex driving over for lunch.  It's expected to be hot but if it is hot like yesterday was hot, I will be a happy bunny!
Have a lovely day and stay well.  xx

8 comments:

  1. It was hot here but nowhere near as uncomfortable as Friday we even had a few spots of rain which evaporated the instant they hit the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday really wasn't nice, was it, especially the evening and then overnight. I'm hoping today is like yesterday.
      xx

      Delete
  2. We had the hot weather yesterday and it's supposed to be even hotter today. I'm resigned to another day in front of the fan!

    Congratulations on Slimmer of the Week again ... an inspiration 😊

    I hope you have a lovely family day with your Dad, Beth and Alex xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, thanks, Eileen.
      It wasn't too hot here - well, it was but I guess Dad has a good system for keeping the place cool (not involving the air con)
      And thank you. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. It is still horrid here and I'm really struggling in this as it's so airless but I managed to get a few hours sleep so my mood has lifted somewhat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you managed to get some sleep - it just makes it worse otherwise.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have been busy picking beans as well as cucumbers. I really am trying to keep ahead of everything this year. Kind of succeeding with the beans but not the cucumbers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great shame about the cucumbers. Maybe it's the type? Well done with the beans!
      xx

      Delete