Thursday 13 August 2020

Thursday

Good morning.  Phew (again), it was hot yesterday although the evening seemed a bit cooler than the last few days.  We are predicted thundery showers and some sunshine today.  It's looking a bit gloomy right now but - well, we will see!

Random photo of tomatoes in the garden, just to add colour!  :-)


I had a pleasant surprise yesterday.  Recently I took out a subscription to Weightloss Resources for checking calories, advice, recipes, forums, oh - lots of helpful stuff.
Yesterday I got an email from them to say that because I had logged in daily, they were sending me a gift voucher as a reward.  I thought it would be one of those 'use it in our shop' things with a small amount, thus encouraging you to buy from their (small) shop but no - it was an Amazon voucher which has been added to my Amazon account and it was for £10.  Very nice!

Then, later on, Dad asked me to order something for him so I went online, paid, they took off the tenner and Dad will refund me the full amount so it is now in my bank account and I can spend it anywhere - have spent it, in fact, see next paragraph!

First thing yesterday, I drove over to Matalan.  No, no swimming costumes, but they had nice, loose fit, plain white T shirts and some bras that actually fit so I got some, plus a nice, light, cotton nightie, good for this hot weather.  I was pleased I went.

Thank you, Amanda from Crafty in the Med, for your very helpful link.  I had a look and saw some so I will wait and see if the one I ordered is OK and if not, I'll be back there, card in hand!

As expected, I cancelled PT yesterday.  It was just too hot and I suspect Lindsey was quite relieved too.  I have a swim booked for tomorrow and another for Sunday so I won't be too short on exercise.

Today, I have one tuition session, just a short one, some time over at a friend's for a good old natter and the SW zoom meeting at five.  It's the last online meeting for now as face to face resumes next week and I'm quite sorry as I've enjoyed them.  I'm not the only one and I wonder if it is a way to go, on top of their online membership and the 'real' meetings for the future.

The floral part of the garden is starting to look a bit tatty but the two fuchsias in containers are looking lovely.



Better get the day started and the day's food organised.  Have a good day and be save and happy.  xx


Edit at 7:40 am:  It's chucking it down and it's so much cooler.  A great relief.  No storm, just blessed rain.

16 comments:

  1. Pots look good Joy sort of full circle with WLR that seem like ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it was! We met on your 'Good Morning, Early Readers' daily thread, didn't we?
      It's still a very useful place and I've recently joined for all the calorie info they have there really, and the recipe function.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's going to be another hot day here, so I'm looking forward to going swimming this afternoon. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tomatoes Joy, yours are more advanced than ours. My fuschias have been beautiful this year, the heat obviously agrees with them. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey are a hotter climate plant, aren't they?
      My garden is pretty sheltered, maybe that's why.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I've enjoyed some of the zoom meetings I've been 'going' to and would like them to continue but I think it's unlikely.

    Your fuchsias are looking good - do you know which variety they are please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see. There are people who are still shielding for health reasons so maybe . . . who knows?

      As luck would have it, the labels are still in the pots. The pink and purple is Fuchsia Dollar Princess and the other is Fuchsia Alice Hoffmann. Hope that helps.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I second Sooze. My tomatoes are way behind yours but the cucumbers and runner beans are really doing well. It's drizzling here thank goodness. The garden will get a good gentle wetting and it's much cooler here today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had rain this morning and are due more. It's sunny now but not dreadfully hot, just comfortable.
      I love it when the veggies start taking off.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I love fuschias but can't seem to get them to grow prolifically here. Yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when we had holidays in Devon and Cornwall, there were whole hedges of fuchsias. They are such an attractive flower and seem to do much better in pots here than in the soil. The ones in the photos are four or five years old and are the best they have ever been this year.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your fuchsias are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, you, Jackie. Fuchsias really are a very attractive flower.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Your fuschias are exactly the same ones I have! I have one in the ground - the hardier purple and pink and one from last years hanging basket that I put in a tub, noticed its first flowers yesterday x

    ReplyDelete