Tuesday 14 April 2020

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.   Sleep patterns aren't wonderful at the moment.  I get to sleep OK but then wake in the early hours, brain racing, unable to get back to sleep.  It will sort itself out in time, I am sure; it's just rather a nuisance and very boring!

Yesterday, I was late getting down to the allotment because do you think I could remember where I'd left the strimmer (and mower) batteries?  It took me ages, searching up and down and I was just wondering if I'd have to get onto Amazon when I had a brainwave and there they were!
So down I went, strimmed (it's looking a bit neater now) and then carried on clearing and prepping for planting.  Beth reckons that the potatoes are now ready to go in and I think I've cleared enough ground for them so they might be in before the end of the week.
Oh, my goodness, it was so cold though.  When I got home, I turned up the heating, I was that chilled.
Worth it though.

In the afternoon, I managed to get out a fair number of the whitebell bulbs although I suspect some shopwdrops have gone as well.  I might plant more snowdrop bulbs this autumn, just in case.  You can never have too many snowdrops!

The rest of the day passed in lazy, bank holiday fashion,  Very pleasant!  There's a bit of a conflict of interest though - I got into the pattern of doing my bit of study at the time I now go to the allotment and I need to get a new pattern going.
I will try to get my act together a bit more today.

Something energetic:
Guess where.  :-)  More clearing and digging the trenches for the potatoes today.

Something for house/garden:
General housework, keeping the place under control!

Something social:
Nothing planned.  Social is not easy to arrange at the moment, of course.

Something creative:
I did the side seams on the dress yesterday but one side has puckered up and needs to be unpicked and done again.  Bit of a pain but there you go!

Something entertaining:
Must watch Jane Eyre soon.

It's sad that Tim Brooke-Taylor has succumbed to the virus.  He was such a funny man, one of my favourite comedians, rarely funny at the expense of kindness but always on the ball.  He will be missed.

I need to cheer up a bit, I think.  Positive thoughts and all that.  Have a super day, whatever the weather and whatever you have planned.  xx




9 comments:

  1. It certainly was cold yesterday but OK in the greenhouse. I lit the fire in the evening for the first time in several days.
    Oh Goodness I didn't know about Tim Brooke Taylor how very sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just about the 'great and good', is it, but for me one well known celebrity represents the many mourned by their loved ones. It's a focus for our sadness and sympathy in a way.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The drop in temperature yesterday came as a bit of a shock to me too, but at least the sun was still shining. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, yes, it was - on and off.
      xx

      Delete
  3. You may already no this if you sew but if you are sewing a fine fabric I would always check the needle size and that it is a new sharp one - it can make a difference when sewing a seam and help stop puckering - as can sewing with a sheet of tissue beneath and then pulling this away. I used to make wedding dresses and it was important I didn't have a puckered seam.
    Yes it was mighty cold yesterday - we tackled an overgrown shrub and I had a mug of hot chocolate to keep me going! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know any of that, thank you. I presume you mean I need a thinner needle?
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to get my act together today as well. I hope you have more luck than me because so far this morning I haven't done anything!

    I was so sad to hear about Tim Brooke-Taylor. A very funny man.

    If you like musicals, the Jason Manford 'Curtains' is only being screened for one night only, tonight at 7:15pm. It costs £7.50 (proceeds to charity) so allow time to pay if you decide to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. er . . . snap!
      I had a bad night and felt fit for nothing so I've skipped the allotment and am just getting my act together. Not a good day so far apart from algebra - I did do some of that.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I do hope your work at the allotment will have you sleeping better soon. X

    ReplyDelete