Friday 24 April 2020

Friday

Morning, everyone.  Another early start here but I really don't mind.  When I had these wakey spells, I used to worry about how I would get through a full day at school but now it really doesn't matter all that much apart from being a bit of a bore!

Yesterday was nice.  I went early to the allotment.  The water is still on so everything got a drink and, as neck and shoulder were feeling OK, I set to and prepped the last of the ground that isn't going to remain covered this year.  Now it's a question of maintaining it all until it's time to plant out the little plants so now I'm planning where everything should go.  We agreed not to put in loads of anything but you know what things like courgettes are like.  Two plants can supply the whole neighbourhood once they get going!
Eleven broad bean plants now!

My day's have definitely fallen into a pattern.
Up earlyish, sort out meals for the day, do any clearing/tidying (e.g. washing in/unload dishwasher)
Off to the allotment by nine for a couple of hours.  If not at allotment, do exercise inside.
Back by eleven for breakfast
Any more housework/garden work.
Then, after all that's done, I sit and read, sew, knit, do more leisurely things, have online chats, etc, in the afternoon and evening

Thinking back to childhood, that's very much how my Mum used to organise her day with one addition; she would wash and change before Dad came home from work.  That's partly because housework was much more manual and less machine supported so she got hot and sweaty but also because one just did before the 'man of the house' came home.

The studying has taken a back seat but the weather can't always be as lovely as it is now and when the rainy times come, I won't go to the allotment and can use that time for study.  There's no urgency really.

Having gone on about routine, today is different, a special day.
I'm going shopping early, as early as I can, to get some nice bits and bobs.  The deferred personal training is at ten, after which I will just do the watering down the allotment - can't miss that with baby plants and warm, sunny weather.
Then the rest of the day is mine to enjoy.  Normally, I'd probably go out for a meal or have family round but that isn't going to happen this year so I'm having a nice dinner by myself.

Hoping we all have a very good day.  xx

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Joy. I hope you have a lovely day even if celebrations with family and friends have to be at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Eileen. I think it will be a very pleasant day, just different to usual birthdays. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy, so it's your birthday? Sounds like you have a nice day planned, albeit a day on your own. At least it means you can do exactly as you like, and eat what you want. Have a wonderful happy day, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does, Sooze, and I intend to do just that. lol
      Thanks very much.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Joy have a lovely day - your comments about your mothers day brought back memories it is exactly how my mother organised her day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the convention then, wasn't it?
      THanks, it should be a great day today.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Joy, have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel. I'm sure I will. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Very Happy Birthday, Enjoy your day as best as possible in this strange old world.
    (It's very odd how many bloggers have birthdays around the same time in April isn't it, I've quickly counted 5 in two weeks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny, yes. It crossed my mind too. It was the same at school. Any number of staff had birthdays late april and we had to organise things so that there were not too many treats on the staffroom table on any given day.
      THanks, Sue. Have a good day too.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. The champers is now chilling so I guess it's going to be a pretty merry day! Evening, anyway!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Hello lovely Joy, I hope your birthday has been as wonderful as it could be. I'm a bit annoyed as I did post a comment on your blog this morning on my phone and forgot that they tend not to appear via my phone - no idea why xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, thanks. Fantastic birthday weather too, I couldn't have asked for better.
      What a nuisance about the lost comment. Phones do funny things sometimes.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday
    joy!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie. Thanks very much, it was super.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I used to do that, too. I would take a bath, put on fresh clothes, and vacuum before my boyfriend got home from work.

    ReplyDelete