Tuesday 28 April 2020

Tuesday

Morning, everyone.  As predicted, it is raining fairly hard at the moment, has been for a while judging by the soil and the puddles and looks as if it intends to continue for a while yet.  I'm glad (in a way) as it's exactly what the plants need.

I'm so glad I mowed the grass yesterday as it's bound to go shooting up again after this rain.  I also attacked the weeds around the covered/wood-chipped areas with an old kitchen knife as they're hard to get at so close to the edging.

The other 'excitement' yesterday was a vid-chat with Beth.  Jeff went round yesterday (safely distancing with closed doors between him and Beth) and totally cleared the back of her flat which had got into a dreadful mess.  It's now clean and clear, weed and clutter free and we talked about her plans for planting it up - it's a very, very small patch of soil and a sort of veranda, also tiny, so quite limiting, but fun to talk about anyway.
I also discussed my ideas for raised beds and, to my delight, Beth was all for it.  We won't do anything this year but that gives us time to research and plan, doesn't it?  I'd also need to talk to Jeff about whether he would be willing to do the work but I am sure he would.

Today is definitely a stay-totally-indoors-day.  I'm a fine weather allotmenter!

Something energetic:
I'll work through Lindsey's exercises today in preparation for PT tomorrow.

Something for house/garden:
Some of the tomatoes need potting on singly now so I'll dodge between the raindrops, grab some pots from the shed and some soil from the bag and work at the kitchen sink.

Something social:
Double dose today.  At then, there's the SW Zoom meeting and I have a chat with Chris scheduled at eleven.  Nice!

Something entertaining:
I didn't watch the first museum programme yesterday as I felt so tired I was in bed soon after eight (and slept the night through as well) so there's that to watch today and I might search out a ballet to watch too.

Something creative:
Don't know, I'll see how I feel.  I'll definitely do a bit of crocheting but apart from that, no idea.

Hoping we all have a good day, whatever the weather.  xx

6 comments:

  1. It's definitely more grey and cloudy here - though the forecast is for rain later on today. It's odd how I've been wanting a bit of rain to encourage me to want to stay inside and do some inside jobs, but the fact when its sunny outside I am definitely more motivated but all I want to do it be outside STILL not doing the inside jobs! Your little crochet bunny is so sweet. what are you going to do next? I am resetting my healthy eating today. Again. I am not giving up, just need to rediscover my will power - so far ( 7.30am ) all is well!! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Hoping you keep hold of it.
      At the moment I am crocheting a doll's blanket from strips of squares (so I only have to sew them up down the way, not across as well) and I guess someone will want it for a little girl somewhere, when I've done.
      Then, I might do another rabbit but make it look female so I have a pair.

      I guess the rain is travelling up the country. We certainly needed some.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's pouring down here as well - a bit of a grey, drab day out there, with no sign that it'll clear up any time soon.

    The Royal Opera House is streaming some ballets for free. Sadler's Wells is also streaming some of their productions for free and they also have some dance workshops, including one for the over 60s if that interests you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this - I will do a bit of a search.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Have a great day Joy the gardens really the water so I am pleased

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. Some good, steady rain is just what's needed.
      xx

      Delete