Tuesday 2 February 2016

Tuesday

Good morning, gentle readers.

It's school day today so I need to be bright and bouncy and ready to go.  I got that wrong then, didn't I?  Never mind, it's just one day and once I get there I will be fine.

Yesterday was OK.  I made bread.  I made some soup from a broccoli stem, the woody inside of a parsnip, a third of a sweet potato and a couple of very small ordinary potatoes that jumped out of the fridge after hiding in there for weeks - literally weeks!  Oh - and some coconut milk and some marigold stock.  It was delicious.  I'll never be able to reproduce it, of course, but never mind, using up those bits and getting something so lovely was most satisfying.

One of the groups I help to admin was a bit lively at times so that kept things moving.  Maybe it was the wind.  At school we know when it's windy without looking because the children are - well, lively!   It seems fine at the moment, thank goodness, and I hope none of you had any problems with the high winds yesterday and overnight.
  
Middle of the day I pootled off to Aldi and, three cheers, they had some haggis.  I was looking for it reduced in Morrisons after Burns night but no luck.  The Aldi haggis was better value and I shall portion it out and freeze it in single portions.  They also had beautiful chestnut mushrooms in their Super Six so I bought two punnets as I have planned to make Jack Monroe's mushroom rogan josh on Wednesday.  Some good timing there.

Did anyone watch the Mary Berry cookery programme, the name of which I keep forgetting?  She made a sort of tortilla lasagne thingy which looked so delicious I shall have a go sometime.  I can make tortillas so can get them the right size for whatever container I use to bake the dish.

Anyway, as I said, it is school today.  Y1 until playtime and FS for the rest of the day.  It's the class I had for three days last week so I feel I know them pretty well now - and they know me.  I'm looking forward to it.

Today's food:
B:  toast and marmalade
L:  veg curry and flatbread, fruit yogurt
D:  sausages in bacon, sprouts, broccoli, fruit

And now for my first coffee of the day!

5 comments:

  1. The wind really does whip the cherubs into wild frenzies at my school too! I'm on playground duty today! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another haggis lover here too. Whilst I do prefer the fresh ones, if I cannot get hold of them I quite like the tinned ones they sell in Morrison - it freezes fine too.

    https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Grants-Haggis/288519011?from=search&tags=%7C105651&param=haggis&parentContainer=SEARCHhaggis_SHELFVIEW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - It was better today but I gather it was - er - interesting yesterday. Hope duty was OK.

    Gill - I've never had it tinned. I shall look out for it, I think. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete