Sunday 7 February 2016

Sunday

Good morning.  The wind has died down, the rain has stopped and it is quite sunny out there this morning.  It's also a fair bit colder, as one would expect.  However, we are due a lot of rain later on and there's a weather warning out for wind tomorrow, all day.  Not nice.

My friends did get here after sorting out the problem, thank goodness.  It was so lovely to see them.  However, it was too late to cook the chicken so that's on the menu for lunch today and is already prepped and waiting for the oven.  Instead we had a leek and potato soup which seemed to go down really well.

I had a go at that curry as mentioned yesterday although, in the end, meal timings being as they were, I didn't eat it.  However, it tastes great, curries always improve on keeping and that's tomorrow's meal sorted out, isn't it?  Win/win!
I've blogged about it on Teacher's Recipes!
Now I have to trawl through the book to find another one to try!

Well, my friends have just left (they're coming again next weekend), the porridge is slowly heating and the dregs of the first coffee are now cold.  I think I need to get going and then prepare all the stuff for a good old Sunday roast dinner.  It's not complicated but it does take more work than many dinners.  The results are worth it though.
Mine won't look the least bit like this - it'll be nicer, of course!!!
Today's food:
B:  porridge with pineapple, yogurt and a splash of maple syrup
D:  roast chicken, roasties, maple glazed parsnips, sprout and carrots, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy; then a good, old fashioned rice pudding, I think!
T:  If there's any room left inside, I have the leftovers from yesterday's leek and potato soup to finish off.

Have a lovely, restful day.


2 comments:

  1. I love a Sunday roast, but am having a week off, as we had a huge full English at noon and am hoping I can fend everyone off with tea and crumpets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you did too. Tea and crumpets sounds wonderful, especially in this blustery weather!
    J x

    ReplyDelete