Thursday 6 February 2014

Thursday

When the wind is howling round the chimney pots (or what passes for chimney pots around here) and the rain is hammering against the windows, it's at times like that I am very grateful for the disability of poor hearing!  Once the old aids are out nothing aural keeps me awake.  I doubt even the fire alarm would have much impact which maybe isn't such a Good Thing, but there you go, I take the rough with the smooth.
The forecast for the weekend is dire so I suspect it will be curtains drawn, heating on!

Yesterday was both rough and smooth.  I'd love to go back to the good old days when you did your best in your work and no-one interfered.  Will those times ever come back again, I wonder?  Not in my working life anyway.  It makes me feel very sad.  I really don't want to be driven to retire in this way.  I want to go when I feel I am ready, not because I have failed (or feel I have failed).

The smooth was that we had a grand, albeit noisy, session with still life and digital photography.  We had a really good time, lots of laughs and far too much noise really, but never mind.
I have no idea whether OFSTED would say that progress has been 'outstanding' but it was fun and I bet the children will remember it!  I know I will.

Today is meeting, meeting, teaching.  Groovy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Interference from outside agencies has a lot to answer for. Pleased to read you still find teaching enjoyable despite outside interference. As for 'fail' in any sense of the word...no, not never m'dear. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very kind, but the way things are at prersent, it's far too easy to be failed.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the problem, 'they' arrive with a fixed agenda and quotas. It annoyed me no end when I suffered them. Chin up, believe in yourself you ace at what you do and I'm not alone in thinking that. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed 'they' forget we exist! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete