Sunday 9 February 2014

It worked

. . . the bread and Handy Andy, I mean.  OK, so I could have taken longer and let the bread rise and prove in its own time, but sometimes you want it done a bit faster.

I had already found that the wash/defrost setting on my halogen oven was a bit too hot but that about half way between off and that setting was just about right.   I didn't really time it but the rising was definitely faster and the proving too, and the loaf rose evenly in the loaf tin and didn't bulge over the side.
It smells good too!

I'm going to have another go but this time, instead of baking in the oven, I will then take off the cling film cover, whack up the heat in Handy Andy and see how well it bakes that way.

Usually I like to put a loaf into a very hot oven and immediately turn the heat down to about 180.  That won't be possible but - well, I will see.

There's enough room to do two loaves in my loaf tins, side by side, but I will just do one again as an experiment.  Unless it is a total and absolute failure (which it won't be) there will be no waste anyway.


2 comments: