Thursday 20 February 2014

Thursday

It's amazing how quickly this week is going.  Two more days left and they are filled with stuff.  Mostly self imposed stuff, to be fair, but even so.

I have decided I was to do things with my bedroom.  I can't have the units out and the whole thing redone, that would be silly and wasteful as they are not that old, but I could make better use of what I have got.  For a start, now I have much better storage in the blue room, I could put a fair amount of stuff in there and, in fact, all the cupboards really need a total clear out.  To do that I need to create a mess and as i sleep in there it can't be so much of a mess that I can't clear it each evening.  I must be very dim, it only occurred to me this week that I could sleep in the blue room and then I could do a complete and thorough job in my room.

Once that's all sorted, I want to have a table taken out (it's built in so needs doing properly), the walls stripping and possibly replastering, the ceiling de-artexed and the floor redoing, probably wooden flooring and a rug or two like the blue room, but I will have a good think about that one as I do like carpets. I think I want the walls painted, not papered (using pong-free paint this time - I have learnt my lesson from the blue room redecorating) and, to finish it off, new curtains and new bedding (perhaps, although that would be a luxury).  Oh, and for good reasons that are too complicated to go into now, I want a built-in headboard with integral lights (is that the right term).

And it would be nice if it could be done over the Easter fortnight but, if not, whenever.  I want to got this right.

Oh, and I want new curtains for the blue room - I have an idea of what I want but need to take a trip to Chelford Fabrics in Gamlingay.  Oh, the hardship!

I know that they say about the best laid plans (or, reading back, in this case it is 'wants'), but I can dream!



No comments:

Post a Comment