Saturday 11 February 2012

Saturday morning

Given that half term has started, I'm feeling surprisingly down this morning.  It could be that I'm totally cheesed off with feeling not so good, it could be the cough, the snuffles, whatever . . .   I wish I could crawl back into bed and go back to sleep and maybe I will in a little while.  I have to be up and dressed by nine because that's when P is coming over to fit my battery.  I really ought to learn this skill - I gather it's not difficult.  Maybe he will teach me what to do so that next time I can be more independent and less helpless female about it all.  Mind you, I consider myself very fortunate to live in a cul de sac with such lovely, helpful neighbours who are so willing to help out.  It's good.

DD took me to Halfords last night to get a new battery.  I find Halfords a very alien environment indeed but the staff were extremely helpful and it didn't take long to find what I needed (I hope it's what I needed anyway!).  I didn't realise car batteries were so heavy though!

All this counting my blessings is cheering me up.  Good!  There's no point frowning when a smile is waiting to pop out!  I had to smile when I looked at my iGoogle page.  It informed me that the temperature in London was -6, but here in Chelmsford it was -13!  I think that must be a slip of the finger somewhere!  Mind you, having just peeped out, it is very, very, very cold with a clear sky and a hard frost. I doubt it's really -13 but the snow/ice isn't likely to go anywhere that fast today!

Wherever you are, I hope you are warm and sheltered today.

No comments:

Post a Comment