Tuesday 10 January 2012

Tuesday morning

Still not well, still off school.  No panics as it's all in J's capable hands and she will see my supply teacher right and right at this moment I am content to leave it all to her.  I don't think she reads this but, if by any chance she does, many thanks J, you are a star.

Well, didn't get a lot done yesterday, which is probably only right as I should have been at school.  I did manage a bit of ironing and I did shine my sink.  I'm not really a Flybaby, more a reforming Slob, but I have to admit that what a shiny sink represents is good.  As my sink is stainless steel, all it needs is a quick spray from a mixture of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water and then a buff up with a muslin.  I learnt about the mixture from The Perfect Housewife - it's supposed to be good for windows too, but I haven't tried that yet.  It certainly clears any scale from the sink and taps.  I have had the muslins for ages - they are really muslin nappies and pretty expensive, but they last and last, wash brilliantly and do a wide variety of jobs.  Well worth the money.

Depending on how I feel, I might attack the three small drawers to the right of where I am sitting.  They were in reasonable order and then DG decided to reorganise them and  - well, they need some work now!  :0)    Apart from that, I anticipate doing not an awful lot unless I start feeling better.  Something I have learnt though, that I can do now that the kitchen is tidy.  The very first thing I do in the morning is either boil a kettle for coffee or re-heat coffee made yesterday in the filter coffee machine.  It takes roughly two and a half minutes.  In that time, given tidy working surfaces, I can run an antibacterial wipe over all the working surfaces and over machines like Handy Andy, the toaster, the microwave, etc.  It's kind of nice to know the kitchen is starting off clean.

I know they're not really frugal, but I do like the packets of antibacterial wipes you can get.  I keep one in the downstairs loo, one in the bathroom, one in my bedroom and a couple of packs in the kitchen.  For example, the downstairs loo: two wipes, one for the sink and other surfaces and one for the loo and the whole place is wiped down in literally less than two minutes.  The bathroom takes a little longer because I will just have had my bath, but not that much longer.  I am always mindful of the Perfect Housewife injunction to use separate cloths for the loo and other surfaces.  She had a little rhyme to help you remember:  Pink for the sink and blue for the loo, it went.  I don't use J cloth type wipes, but the rhyme is still helpful and makes me smile.  And I reckon the non-frugality of the wipes is more than counterbalanced by the longevity and usefulness of the muslins!

At this point (7:25) I would usually be saying 'better get up and go to school now', but today I am not.  I am saying 'must find the energy to get up and move to my recliner for a snooze.'  :0)  See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment