Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday morning

Oh, dear, the new neat and tidy me seems to be taking a back track at the moment.  I  could make a long list of the things I didn't do yesterday that I intended to do.  This will never do, must get my skates on today and catch up.  This is not good, not good at all.

The thing is, I have been enjoying being in a place that I could invite anyone into.  Yes, the furniture may be a bit dusty, but it is neat and tidy and I'm not ashamed of it.  I don't want that to stop now, I really don't.  Looking around, it's not all that bad, but not all that good either and could quickly tip over into 'bad'.   Aaarrrggghhhh . . .

I think today I will be a flybaby.  I haven't really taken to flylady (no rude comments, thanks), it's just not my cuppa black coffee.  I find much of it a bit twee in the outworking and not me and it is certainly quite commercial with all its rags (presumably dusters and cleaning cloths, not what we British mean by 'rags') and bottles and yabba-dabba-doos, but many of the underlying principles are good and one that I will employ today is the one that says you can actually get a lot done in a short time if you stop using perfectionism as an excuse for not starting and just get going.  So I'm doing the 15 minutes working thing today.  I wonder just how much I can get done in 15 minutes, when I don't keep stopping to do a bit of social networking.

The first job on the list is to strip and remake the bed with new sheets and get the old ones into the washing machine . . . now, where's that timer?

No comments:

Post a Comment